• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How Long Will I Wait For My License?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaynaPunim1984

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
Hi Everyone,

After endless paperwork and that awful licensing exam, I'm waiting on the State Bureau to issue me a license number. A colleague of mine who took the exam with me on the same day and submitted his reports and materials to the bureau on the same day has already found out that he got licensed. His number was issued this past Monday. He looked up his name in the "Find An Appraiser" function and up popped his name with a number next to it. Me? Nothing, no number, well nothing yet at least.

I called up the Bureau contact and the guy said there's nothing flagged and I haven't been called for questions on my reports. He said it was likely I got a "slow reviewer" for my reports. Just my luck, after all this hell of trying to pass the exam and finally passing it (took two tries for me, I'm a horrible test taker) I have to wait even more to get the license and be done. Just want to be done with all this and be licensed already.

So, what is the average time frame for any of you out there? Has this happened to you and is checking the website multiple times a day to see if my name comes up a good idea? :p

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
is checking the website multiple times a day to see if my name comes up a good idea? :p

It won't speed things up any. :peace:

No answer for you, but they have been quicker with renewals the last couple times than they were a few years ago.
Good luck with it.

ShaynaPunim1984

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
California
Thanks. I'll keep you all posted on the progress, so far nothing yet. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks