• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How many miles did you put on your appraisal car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppraizinAZ

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Just curious as to how many miles everyone is logging...I'm doing my taxes and I KNOW I did more than what I logged, I admit I wasn't very good at logging it daily...:Eyecrazy:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
86,000 last year. 1/2 of it in 1/2 ton 307 and the other half in the 2/4 to 4 wheel big block. $17,000 +/- in gas. one set of tires and lube and oil change every 4000 miles. Two years no value left in the trucks. that would be another $12,000 per year in expenses. Then you got to add in the commercial insurance cost. Plus time spent cleaning waxing and giving them a bath. Some odds and ends in repair cost.:Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy: :Eyecrazy:

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
What ever it has cost me I use for tax purposes. My first company car is a 1993 Explorer with 110,000 miles currently and is in great shape. Use once a week on an island for work. My other car is an oil burning 1995 Toyota Avalon that run very well and I get a new rejection sticker every 60 days. Cost is my expenses and not the mileage. I have a two other cars for personal use.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Plus time spent cleaning waxing and giving them a bath.

You WASH your truck? If I washed mine it would fall apart, and its only an '04

Ed Falkowski MAI SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I'm always amazed at how many appraisers drive TRUCKS... c'mon, everyone! What are we toting around in those gas guzzlers... a bulldozer? We have very limited tools that we need out in the field and the tools that we do have are miniscule at best. Get yourself a car, for cryin' out loud!

Because I had a great year in 2005 I went out and bought myself a 2006 Honda Accord Hybrid. It's got a great engine and gets good MPG given the fact that it's a V6 w/ 255 HP (usually around 30-32 MPG highway and 25-28 city). I've owned in now for about 1 1/2 years and have 50,000 on it. Not too bad considering that I don't do any rural appraisals at all.

Just my .02. :icon_mrgreen:

Kevin A. Spellman

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
I drive over beaches and over unpaved roads with rocks that can takeout a muffler. Have no other choice. I only burn about $75-$100 a month in gas on the island. I paid $23,000 in May 1993. $23,000/15 years, $1,533 per year, $127.77 per month has been my cost since I have own this truck. My monthly cost would rise if I replace the truck. It is cheaper to maintain a good working vehicle than it is to replace. I will be shooting for 20 years before I consider buying another vehicle, I hope.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
Totaled about 7,000 miles last year. Cadillac CTS gets 26 MPG (wife doesn't let me drive it much), new Chevy Impala gets up to 33 MPG on the highway. Pretty good for a full sized car, although I got the small V-6 engine.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I'm always amazed at how many appraisers drive TRUCKS... c'mon, everyone! What are we toting around in those gas guzzlers... a bulldozer? We have very limited tools that we need out in the field and the tools that we do have are miniscule at best. Get yourself a car, for cryin' out loud!

I fear a car would not be able to get in and out of some of the privite roads back in off the township roads. Would spend a lot on repair, tires, sometimes I even have trouble with the 3/4 ton. I am also able to drive off the acreage with the truck where a car would not cut it.

Obsolescent

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
I have an 04 Honda with 100,000 miles on it, so about 25,000/year.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
A little over 12,000 per year. My truck is a four cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks