• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

How Many of You Have a Web Site?

Do You Have a Company Web Site

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
I'm considering a web site for my business and am wondering how many of you have your own.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
I do think I need one however. I simply have not found someone I can afford to set up the kind of Web site I want.

larryhaskell

Professional Status
State
Nevada
I believe they are worthwhile & I plan to set one up with Wayne just as soon as I have time.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
One of the benefits of being a member of the NAIFA is a free home page. I use that as my web site, which has my resume and a photo of Mt Graham (the most important part). Also the NAIFA website is linked to just about everything. Search for Safford or Graham or Greenlee County in any of the search engines and usually my home page pops up. Another benefit for NAIFA members is a free listing of up to 100 zip codes. I have very zip code in my two counties listed, so some one can go to http://www.NAIFA.com and type in a zip code--and my home page pops up (try 85531 for example). I don't have it set up to receive orders, but a potential client can take a look at the home page, decide whether they want to contact me and then either call or fax or email an order. Works quite well. And I have give the link to the NAIFA web site to many, many clients and lenders through the years. So all you NAIFA members--get your zip codes listed!!! It is free and you will get business because of it!

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Ditto with Miss Stratton. I receive a free web site from the NAIFA and for 100 bucks a year I can upgrade it. I have received quite a few requests from out of state lenders searching the NAIFA directory and then linking on to my site. More bang for buck than the yellow pages.

TC

Stephen Page

Freshman Member
I don't have one...yet (have one in the works hosted at a free host while I work out the kinks) Well, I DO have a NAIFA site, but I used MS Publisher, HTML Kit, and ACE FTP3 (all free except Publisher) to create one that is more to my liking :robot: -but I love tinkering with it...I don't mind spending an evening creating a form, and then Office macros to convert it into something legible... :wink:

I think it is a must, but wouldn't downplay the yellow pages or the local paper for that matter...it depends on who you want to work for :idea:

B

Bemis Pownall

have never advertised
biz couldnt be better at this point

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
No, but you would not believe the calls and referrals I get from Wayne's World. :D

Dale Smalley

Professional Status
State
Florida
I got a local wiz kid to make a web site for about $350. But the trick is to get hits that translate to orders. I have had moderate sucess using the overture pay per hit service. So far enough to cover the costs but that's it. The orders are usally the out of state lenders with the 1 time job.

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Mine is not presently active. Didn't get much from it when it was! Why not have Wayne design it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks