• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How to filter the data for the 1004MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasWayne

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nevada
I have been playing with Microsoft Access and have found an easy way to sort and filter exported MLS data into the six tables needed for the 1004MC analysis. The attached sample database uses one exported text file from the MLS to generate six tables, three listing periods and three sales periods. Look under the queries and click on the tables to open them. The tables can be saved as Excel files for further analysis. Access doesn't have a median function so Excel can be used to determine the values. This database should be easily adapted to data from your MLS systems. The main things to watch out for are the formats of the imported data. Make sure dates are formatted as dates and prices are formatted as currency. I didn't include expired listings in this as they complicate the analysis. They can be analyzed serarately and added to the tables after culling the duplicates and garbage.

Attachments

• example.zip
    97.3 KB · Views: 241
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks