• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

How You Hold Your Phone Reveals Whether You're Left- or Right-Brained

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
"Now, researchers have discovered that they can determine whether someone is a left- or right-brain person by looking at how they use their cell phones."

"The researchers asked 717 subjects to fill out an online survey, which determined their hemispheric dominance (left or right) and how they used their cell phone. Of the subjects, 90 percent were right handed and 9 percent were left handed. The researchers found that 68 percent of the righties held their phones to their right ear and 25 percent to the left, while 7 percent couldn’t commit to a side. Seventy-two percent of southpaws held their phones to the left side, 23 to the right side, and 5 percent had no preference."

I write with my right....
I throw with my left....
I hold the phone with my left....

Renee Healion

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Righties who hold with their left hand probably were in the habit of writing things down from the conversation using their right, don't you think? Or dialing with it. Must be different body habits with cells and touchscreens. What about thumbedness :leeann2:. Most people use both, so are they dual brained or half brained?

Joe Flacco

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I use the phone in left hand.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
It against the law to talk on the phone with the phone in your hands in Tennessee while driving. If your texting, it's worse. Have to pull over somewhere to use your hands while talking or texting. Or use your bluetooth.

Artemis Fowl

Professional Status
State
Michigan
I just love these stupid generalization studies. /s
Thinking we have waaaaay too many researchers if this is where money is going...hope it wasn't tax dollars.

Joe Flacco

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
trying to use my phone with my right hand is just awkward. Not just talking on the phone but using it like with my right thumb.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks