• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

HP Scanjet 2200c....Waiting for lamp to die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
3 weeks ago a virus was cleaned from my computer. The scanner had to be reinstalled, now, the scan lamp won't go off. Day and night, it glows and eventually it will die. There's no on/off button on this machine and I've called HP tech. For $25 someone will talk to me, since the machine is out of warranty. I've checked the famous "fix it yourself" site and it doesn't address the scanner lamp. I guess, since the scanner cost $70 two years ago, I should prepare for the funeral, unless, some of you may have a suggestion.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Charlotte

Did you change operating systems?

When I went to XP Pro, I had to buy a new driver from HP for $10 for my HP 4200C. You might want to check the HP website and see if there is a new driver for that.

I also remember an upgrade about a year or so agl to the driver when I was running Windows 2000 that had to do with the lamp not going off.

Again, I'd research the HP website and try some downloads there.

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
I tend to be cheap. I would unplug it from power until I needed it. You could come on here until it warmed up.

airphoto

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Gotta admit to using the Belkin F5C240 (PowerAuthorityII) that has five power buttons on the front .. AUX2 used for scanner .. just punch the button, and power is cut off to the scanner ..

Don't need no damned new driver!

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Charlotte -

My HP scanner does this every so often. I have no idea why, or for that matter when I scan the next item, why it stops. It seemed to do it less as time went on, so that is good. One thing to be carefull about if you decide to unplug it: when I had a windows 98 machine running, if the plug was out and I forgot to plug it in, the computer would always lock-up and I would end up turning it off with the power button. I gave my wife the scanner when I switched systems this winter, so I do not know what would happen in XP. (I mean I set up the scanner with my back-up computer in my back-up office...for our IRS friends :wink: )

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
:lol: Greg, Bill... those are my kind of answers too.
Man, can appraiser's squeeezze a penny flat or what? :mrgreen:

As for the problem with HP, do what I do.... buy another brand. They ticked me off a few years ago with their lack of service.... even under warranty. Now, there is not one thing in my office with HP on it.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Charlotte,

You need to hit the universal re-adjustment switch. (on-off button) Only turn it on when you need it, or cough up 80 bucks and buy a new one.

TC

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
My 2200c does that once in awhile too, I just pull the power cord out of the back for a couple of seconds and plug it back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks