• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Huckabee's Flat Tax Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Benavidez

Professional Status
General Public
State
Texas
Huckabee's flat tax proposal sounds like a good idea. No more loopholes. Everybody pays same rate. The price of goods would come down because under the present system the income tax is already included in the price of goods. Since most of the states already have a sales tax, no more people would have to be hired. And the IRS organization would be abolished in its entirety. The IRS displaced employees would be reassigned to other federal departments using the attrition method. With all the savings we could pay off the war debt in no time flat.

leelansford

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Don't hold your breath waiting for the enactment of such a tax structure.

Obsolescent

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
There would be more unemployed than just the IRS employees. Corporate tax accountants and attorneys would also be out of work. Many tax accounting and tax lawyers/firms would be out of business as well. I doubt it would be enacted.

Lobo Fan

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New Mexico
I think Steve Forbes was pushing something like this as well. The good news is that everyone will pay their share of taxes. From illegals to dope dealers to mortgage brokers, you pay as you go. If you don't want to pay the tax, don't buy anything and bank your money. It will be an incentive to save as well. I am all for the IRS being abolished.

You are right though, there is a large and powerful lobby out there that benefits from a complicated tax structure.

Vegan702

Professional Status
State
Nevada
I have a better chance of winning the lottery then anything like this being enacted.

jakeboeger

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I was discussing this a few years ago with a friend. I think its a great idea! Yes there would be major job losses, but I think the benefits are far greater.

Isnt our federal tax system a violation of the constitution?

Greg Bell

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Louisiana
His flat tax will be needed to support his policy of all Illegal immigrants getting free health care and education.Another open the border guy....

Laura Goldware

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Fair Tax

Neil Boortz is a big proponent of the "Fair Tax." He has written two books on the subject.

He is also has a talk show mostly on AM stations from 9-1 EST.

I listen to him as often as possible. He has some good "food for thought" to contmeplate driving to assignments and around and around for comp photos.

Check him out.

Laura

murray stroupe

Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
Re

Neil Boortz is a big proponent of the "Fair Tax." He has written two books on the subject.

He is also has a talk show mostly on AM stations from 9-1 EST.

I listen to him as often as possible. He has some good "food for thought" to contmeplate driving to assignments and around and around for comp photos.

Check him out.

Laura
===============
It is a good idea;
actually they passed a flat tax,pretty much , during Pres R Reagan.But no one wanted to give up mortgage deductions,LOL, and lots of other ''goodies''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks