• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

HUD Tag Database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durano Joe

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Sometimes I inspect a manufactured home that has been bought and sold several times, the compliance sheet is missing and all I have is the HUD tags. I can only estimate the age in that case.
Is there a database where I can get the info on the compliance sheet from the HUD tags??
Thanks for the help.
Bruce coming
New Mexico

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
There isn't any national data base. You can get a list of inspection agencies off the HUD website. The three alpha characters at the beginning of the number indicates which inspection agency looked at the home in the factory. You might call their main office, which might be able to direct you to the specific factory that manufactured that home. Then a call to that factory might find the information you are looking for. What is NM procedure for ownership? What information can you get from the assessor's office? How did they identify the ownership and classification for tax purposes? The title work/ownership documents at some point had the year, make, model and serial number on it. All Manufacturers Statement of Origins (MSO) that the manufacturer issues when they sell the home have that information. Then it would depend on how the information from the MSO is transferred and handled in the ownership documents in your state. Did you ask the owner about any ownership documents that they had? You could take a look at the ownership documents to see what you can find. The information on the MSO should match up with the data label/certificate of compliance.

Roger

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Missouri
Seems to me that lenders are more interested in knowing if there IS a HUD tag, just to make sure they are not lending on pre '76 construction.

In my mind the effective age is much more important on these. I am sure that most every one has been in at least one manufactured that may be only a couple of years old, yet is in need of of extensive repair/remodeling. Actual build date is of little importance due to the rapid depreciation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks