• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

HVCC & Andrew Cuomo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esox

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Has Cuomo ever been interviewed about the HVCC? Has anyone ever sat down and asked him specifically why this agreement, which resulted from his investigation of an AMC, was written so as to put a large portion of appraisal ordering in the hands of AMCs?

I would love to see that simple specific question answered by Cuomo in an interview.

Kevin

The Sheriff

Professional Status
State
Arizona
I wish I really had deep pockets. The article offers some pretty good insight. When my firm tanks pretty hard this year with the implementation of the HVCC and AMC's dwelling on the lowest bidder, maybe I can find a lawyer willing to get a class action lawsuit against Cuomo for his precarious business practices ruining an industry. I wouldn't want to win... I would just want to keep him on the hot seat with negative publicity as the case carries out over numerous years. Just my two cents.

panappr

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Has Cuomo ever been interviewed about the HVCC? Has anyone ever sat down and asked him specifically why this agreement, which resulted from his investigation of an AMC, was written so as to put a large portion of appraisal ordering in the hands of AMCs?

I would love to see that simple specific question answered by Cuomo in an interview.

Kevin
They won't respond to anyone, they don't have to. They are attorneys, they only respond to lawsuits.

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
New York
Clarification:

UNDER TITLE XI FIRREA, RESPA, OCC, FDIC, & OTS Regulations it has been,

and now Under the FHFA - the HVPA (including the HVCC for GSE Loans),

it REMAINS the LENDERS' responsibility AND CHOICE

whether to order appraisals directly ..........or via third parties.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
I wish I really had deep pockets.

If you had really deep pockets you wouldn't be an appraiser.

When my firm tanks pretty hard this year with the implementation of the HVCC and AMC's dwelling on the lowest bidder.........

Nothing you can do about the AMC clients, but you need to educate your local clients so they don't go the AMC route. Good, local clients can use a rotational system without employing an AMC.

hobbitt

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Cumo sat on the board for one of the large AMC's, he was a member of TAVMA. Check out the web site www.tavma.org. Why do you think he backed down. His intrests are only to further his own carear

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
Thanks hobbitt. I knew there was a less than arms length connection.

I found this,

http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/05/08...2-is-cuomos-appraisal-fix-destined-for-court/

"Cuomos plan has been sharply criticized because it will drive most appraisal business to “appraisal management companies”. Behind Cuomo’s plan is a major campaign contributor, Ed Davidson, CEO of AMCO, an “appraisal management company”, where Cuomo was a paid Board member. AMCO was sold to SIRVA and renamed to Valuation Services LLC, and Davidson alledgedly has rights to future income from the appraisal management company. Does anyone else see what’s going on here?
Comment by Cuomo's Campaign Contributor - May 9, 2008 at 2:52 am"

CastleGal

Professional Status
State
Maryland
Cuomo

All I know about him is that his girlfriend is the bad cook Sandra Lee on the Food Network.:new_all_coholic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks