• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I Am Branching Into Res Appr. I Need Tech Help. I Am Comm Appr

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaxton24

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Idaho
I would like to trade help or a fee to set up my Residential Appr office. Esp in areas of software, tech, and correct ways to fill out forms. I am a 17 year experienced commercial appraiser. In past I have done over 100 residential appraisals, but that was 15 years ago. Anyone interested in major commercial help or other payment from me?
My retail commercial software/methods/formats http://onemodern.com/modernvalue.htm
Thank you, Stuart H :)

Red Flint

Professional Status
General Public
State
Michigan
I would do a Silver membership with Alamode, about $350, they help you from 8-5 pm, software will direct you through UAD errors, plus classes online. You can do it.

shaxton24

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
Idaho
Thanks for that advice Red Flint. I will probably take it.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
That would be a great opportunity to exchange help for a residential appraiser who wants some commercial training/hours...you might want to post it in jobs offered..I have been doing residential for 20 years and there has been so many changes in the past 5 years it is almost a different business. Imo you would need input from an experienced person ( beyond software help). UAD and the new FHA and increased client expectations and depending on your clients faster turn times.....as you are experienced you likely will catch on fast. Best of [email protected]

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Tennessee
If you can take some local classes, you could get some help your after I think. There are some excellent online courses too. You can get most of what you need in classes. With your skills, you won't need a ton of help. You can ask questions here always!

Alamode sales will direct you on tech if you are doing mortgage work.!!!!

Last edited:
Professional Status
State
Florida
<SNIP> I am a 17 year experienced commercial appraiser. In past I have done over 100 residential appraisals, but that was 15 years ago.
Wow - I hope it works for you. I came from residential as well and as I recall trying to juggle the two very different timelines simultaneously as I transitioned was extremely difficult. It was very disruptive to have to drop something even slightly complicated to get the SFRs out, and they just kept interrupting. Commercial fees were a lot better back then... maybe residential fees have caught up? Where are they these days? Good luck Stuart!

Tom4value

Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
The way you appraise has never, ever changed! The only difference is reporting. When you get an order you get an engagement letter. It will stipulate all of their conditions. That will cover about 70% of your questions. The 1004 MC addendum is nothing but form filling your work. As a commercial appraiser, you are probably more thorough in your data collection than 99% of the residential appraisers out there so this will be no issue.

Amy Perkins

Professional Status
State
Tennessee
I would like to trade help or a fee to set up my Residential Appr office. Esp in areas of software, tech, and correct ways to fill out forms. I am a 17 year experienced commercial appraiser. In past I have done over 100 residential appraisals, but that was 15 years ago. Anyone interested in major commercial help or other payment from me?
My retail commercial software/methods/formats http://onemodern.com/modernvalue.htm
Thank you, Stuart H :)

What R this?? Why?

Professional Status
State
Florida
The way you appraise has never, ever changed! <SNIP> As a commercial appraiser, you are probably more thorough in your data collection than 99% of the residential appraisers out there so this will be no issue.
LOL but the more you learn the slower your turn-times will be - I'd be able to only handle a quarter of what I did when I still knew it all! For example, I wouldn't know how to make a bathroom adjustment anymore without doing paired sales. Somebody would have to "give me the list" of acceptable adjustments. Oh, and from what I'm hearing about "stips" or whatever they're called - loved those, especially when somebody who sounds like a teenager asks: "Can you site a more current flood map?" or "Is there any reason why you... " (fill in your own inane pointless question).

Stuart, best wishes - I hope you develop a nice, steady pipeline and can avoid over-analyzing. I hope that you can also expand your client base to companies that do both from one office.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
LOL but the more you learn the slower your turn-times will be - I'd be able to only handle a quarter of what I did when I still knew it all! For example, I wouldn't know how to make a bathroom adjustment anymore without doing paired sales. Somebody would have to "give me the list" of acceptable adjustments. Oh, and from what I'm hearing about "stips" or whatever they're called - loved those, especially when somebody who sounds like a teenager asks: "Can you site a more current flood map?" or "Is there any reason why you... " (fill in your own inane pointless question).

Stuart, best wishes - I hope you develop a nice, steady pipeline and can avoid over-analyzing. I hope that you can also expand your client base to companies that do both from one office.

I do depreciated cost on bathrooms. It takes time though. Lol

I love the cost approach. I'm laughing about how much time it takes. It really ain't funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks