• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I am probably paranoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrylanger

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Like I said in my title..I am probably paranoid....But I find a lot of new people posting with a tiny amount of posts.

Should we view these new posts as intrusions? Or should we view these as good topics?.

I say give them a chance and have a little bit of scrutiny set aside.

Only my SO. (Stupid Opinion)

KYLECODY

Professional Status
State
Arizona
You may be paranoid. They have meds for those things...kidding..Lots of people that rarely post have newfound free time. Participation is good.

kerrylanger

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Maybe I am and the meds have not taken affect yet. LOL. What I want to see is people coming out of the cobwebs and voiceing themselves. Too many times I've sat back and did not say @#it. Participation is great, depends on what exactly you are willing to participate in. Right??

TXCBoy36

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Maybe I am and the meds have not taken affect yet. LOL. What I want to see is people coming out of the cobwebs and voiceing themselves. Too many times I've sat back and did not say @#it. Participation is great, depends on what exactly you are willing to participate in. Right??

I have been posting on here for a little while and in the small amount of time, I have found that some posts get an effective response and other posts open the door for verbal attacks that do not offer any assistance.

I think that there are some members that are in need of assistance but choose to not post and/or respond due to the verbal responses that some of the members post.

In a perfect world, there would be well thought out responses, but this is not a perfect world, so I take the comments in stride and ignore the less than useful comments that seems to have surfaced lately.

Oh well, that is my two cents worth.

JC:fiddle:

Last edited:

kerrylanger

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Hey TXCBoy36,

I appreciate your input. The only problem is..I do not know what it is. What exactly are you saying?

My original post is an effort to get people that have been hiding in the shadows to come out and say something.

Basically, I could give a crap about someone (not you) that wants to debate and argue something to death. There are better things in life, right?

SMF

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
Just because your paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't out to get you.

As a :new_newbie: on this site I have kinda sat back a bit to see what the forum has already talked about and have been somewhat hesitant to get too opinionated (yet).

I think alot of people recenlty found this site like me through the articles about Pamela and mortgagefraud.com.

I do believe this is a great forum and more people will catch on as time passes and let us :new_newbie: 's get comfortable a bit more and I am sure the post will keep flowing.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
They have meds for those things
Thanks for reminding me....I forgot to take mine....

Deep in the Fayetteville Shale...

Last edited:

Karl

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Arizona
Here's how it works. You ask & many will respond, sometimes the question is so Appraisal 101 & been asked several times over the 9 years this forum has been around That some (not mentioning my name) May give a response the Politically correct may NOT like. GET OVER IT. There is ALOT (for TC) of talent on this forum & being an Appraiser you should be thick skinned enough to take what is given to you. Both good & bad IF you can't & you feel as need to go to WAYNE & cry, that someone said a mean thing, get out of Appraising. Cause with this new market you won't be able to stand the heat of every day work.

IF you have none NOTHING to assist in helping this profession do NOT
B!+(#$ about the condition of this industry.

lisagruhot

Professional Status
State
Texas
I think that even Appraisal 101 questions deserve answers. Some people who are new to the site might not know where to look to find things. I guess I don't understand why sometimes the questions can't just be answered without being rude. I am not saying everyone, and I am not saying it happens all the time, but sometimes there is rudeness that just doesn't need to be there. As far as helping the industry, I think we can start by helping others who genuinely want help so they can do things the right way.

Last edited:

Ross (CO)

Professional Status
State
Colorado
The greatest element contributing to a new poster's feelings about not being taken seriously, or receiving helpful or insightful replies.....is probably the fact that their original posting is NOT complete, and also lacks essential information to clearly portray their situation, quandry or predicament with a client or an assignment ! There's often too much assumin' built into such a new poster's posting....like everybody who reads their posting is clairvoyant, or something. Mentioning one's Intended Use and the (type of) Intended User would be a great aid ! Respondants are left with often having more questions than answers and being pressed into a need to interpret the details (or lack thereof) in the original posting.

Almost inevitably the new poster returns with a follow-up remark, like....Oh, I guess I should have told you *.......or, I forgot to mention *......or, It would probably help if you knew *........etc. Sometimes, the disconnection between the new poster and their own posting is so extreme that the resulting melee is enough to literally drive that individual to leave this Forum....and swear that they are never going to return !....because we are so mean, and hurt their feelings, and were simply too harsh in the replies that were offered.

Ebonics is alive and well here, and with that comes the various displays of errant spelling, grammar and sentence structure that causes many to likely think....is that how they write their reports too ? To add fuel to the fire we always have the possibility that a troll has entered this space as they toss a hand grenade into our arena.....just to spice things up a bit.

Many can unknowingly shoot themselves in the foot by fundamentally forgetting that this Forum is INTENSELY transparent and there are SO MANY others who come here to read.....take names, and jot down locations, and add to their own registry of notable characters. The other viewers and readers comprise a VERY diverse group ! A fair measure of protection evolved this year, however, whereby the selection and display of alias names has enabled many to remain under-cover or enter as new and offer comment with reduced scrutiny and a lessened chance of being uniquely identified. With that change, and the angst so many are recognizing in the national marketplace, the rancor, bitterness and sniping has increased dramatically in many postings here. People can take pot-shots at others....and then hide in their anonymity.

To an extent, we have digressed to the level that defines the Broker Outpost website, or the old Larry Springer Show, or other venues where decorum and general courtesies are dismissed. This web arena has offered a wealth of information, insight and support over my 6 years of hanging out here. It has some of the best C.E. benefit that one can glean on a daily basis. Being the 185th person to enter the formal registry years ago is a unique priviledge. I've witnessed a whole bunch of interesting personalities who have come here while equally remembering the many who have left.....unless they returned with an alias and simply read postings.....vowing NEVER to post openly again. Big brother is watching. Be careful what you post here. It's a reflection on you....or your alias. ROFL !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks