• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

"i Am Really Upset"-- Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis McGee

Same borrower just called me back after she read my response to her 2nd appeal in which I didn't raise the value. She said she feels she was not given a fair appraisal and the other guys appraisal was good because it fell more in line with what she felt the property was worth. "If anybody asks me who to get to appraise their house, I will definitely not be recommending your office. If anyone asks if I should use your office, I will tell them NO!!"

I had fun shooting down all her arguments though.

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
"If anybody asks me who to get to appraise their house, I will definitely not be recommending your office. If anyone asks if I should use your office, I will tell them NO!!"

Ooooooo

Had you quaking in fear, huh? There probably aren't too many that really know her that would trust her opinion anyway.
:rofl:

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Start a file:

Seriously.

Just jot a note and date and time.

See how the file grows.

Then start another file (or better yet a wallboard) of compliments.

Treasure the one that grows the slowest.

If you are a GOOD appraiser it will typically be the "Thanks Wall".

(see A BAD appraiser probably thinks that not making the deal is poor business practice....)

When you get a full box of complaints about not making the deal work, you have become a seasoned appraiser and can hold your head high at ANY appraiser convention you choose to attend.

That's IT!

Anyone with such a box can show up with a hand lettered
"Hi- I am a Seasoned Appraiser" :mrgreen:

We will recognise all such individuals as having earned their stripes and hold them in high esteem. :beer:

Whadda ya say gang?!?!?

Now, let's get back to working on those boxes: Truth and Justice for all and the American Appriaser way! :usa:

:redface: (sorry, I got carried away) :redface:

Mike Simpson

I always tell everyone--I can't comment on another person's appraisal until it's made available to our office for review, and there will be a fee for that service. If it's a valued client (not a borrower) I'd probably look it over (the other person's appraisal) free of charge.

Being a professional you can't very well give Missy a piece of your mind now can you?...However, we all know we don't get referrals (at least not in significant numbers) from borrower's anyway, and the only reason she's mad is because your professional opinion (based on experience & education) differs from her preconceived value which is based on desire (desire for more money).

This is why appraiser's should be provided some protection from others who've everything to gain and nothing to lose. We're the only thing standing between a loan that shouldn't be made & disaster to the countries economy.

-Mike

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Oh boy, am I in deep............

Hi, I'm a Forum addict. :eek:

Hi! I'm a Seasoned Appraiser, and am not well liked. :p :beer:

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
You all follow and worse - remember waaaayyyy too many threads...

uh errrr

I don't resemble that remark <_<

do I ? :huh:
:blink:

must_turn_off -- com_pu_ter .... NOW...

It calllls me

:rofl:

Travis McGee

After I posted part 2, THAT afternoon I came into my office only to see the borrower and her Dad again. This time they were in the owner of the company's office with the door closed. I thought I had better just leave because I knew if I got called in there I would finally lose my temper. Boss explained it to them in no uncertain terms that the value would not change. I have never had anyone come after me about a value as hard as these folks have.

Was it worth the fee? You betcha.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Originally posted by Fishman@May 5 2003, 09:46 AM
Boss explained it to them in no uncertain terms that the value would not change. I have never had anyone come after me about a value as hard as these folks have.
Wise man say:
jerks abound in plenty...
good bosses are few.

Love the one you're with!

It is nice to hear a POSITIVE tale from an employee on this matter.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Arizona
Years ago while working in a large office, my opinion of value was under what the owner thought it was worth--surprise, surprise. Owner called, ranting and raving, talked to the chief appraiser, he stood behind me and said there would be no change. Then the broker called, talked to chief appraiser, again no change, broker was happy with our explanations. So broker called borrower--she screamed and hollered and then showed up during the dinner party in the broker's house--walked into the dining room and started screaming and hollering at the broker while all the guests were attempting to eat their dinner. Broker still backed our office, and refused to finished processing her loan. That broker became one of our best clients, even when he switched companies, he still continued to order appraisals from our office--he knew he would be getting an honest appraisal, regardless of the fallout. The woman at his dinner party became a company joke and legend in both offices for the next ten years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks