• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

I hate computers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmatt1967

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
I know computers help us but sometimes I want to take a sledge hammer to mine. :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
Would anyone have any idea why for no apparent reason I can decipher my computer stooped accepting my scan disk attachment. It is connected via USB port.
I plug it in and the light comes on for a few minutes then goes out. If I have a camera disk in it when I plug it in, it will turn it self on and off.
The computer and scan disk have been working together for years and just now started to act up. I have tried different scan disk devices with not help.
Any ideas?m2:m2:m2:

Mike Kennedy

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
New York
via USB port.

test that port with another device?

test the attach. scandisk in another port?

check RAM overload

check control-alt-del ........check how many operating programs you have at one time.

close non-essential ones.

use internal scandisk first

defrag pc

check virus software

what you describe could also simply mean the attachment has outlived its usefulness.

mcmatt1967

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
The scan disk works on other computers as advertised. I am defraging it as now. Thanks for the reply.

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
Could be the USB port...I have one that you have to jiggle a bit, must have formed a bad connection.

Also, you may want to update the driver?

My computer has been threatened being tossed out the window onto the front yard many times!

AJL118

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
What is a "scan disk attachment"? Get your nomenclature correct, and you might get some help. Otherwise, no one will understand what you are talking about, and you will have to go fish.

CGgonnabee

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Virginia
SanDisk Cruzer...I knew what he meant.

Anyway, leave it plugged in overnight...the light might come back on (happened to me with a new drive and it has been fine ever since).

Do not apply sledge hammer!

PLCG

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
You might also want to run disc cleanup. It can free up a lot of space it you haven't used it for a while.

Good luck!

CRK81

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
North Carolina
You might also want to reload the drivers for the USB ports and for the sandisk

mcmatt1967

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions, I ran the defrag program (fingers crossed) everything seems to be working.

JT1974

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
and quit surfing those naughty websites.........they're full of viruses :rof:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks