• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I Have Plenty Of Work Every Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrell Hignite

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
I can't emphasize strongly enough how to keep the fax machine ringing.

You must do Federal Work. I do not do VA, but I do lots of FHA (more money), Rural Development, and SBA. If you don't do FHA, then check out the best web site in the world, http://fhatest.com and become an FHA appraiser. Sure, it's five extra pages and there is a little more work, but HUD will always order appraisals. So will VA, SBA, and Rural Development. So get knocking on the door of these fine agencies and get business everyday.

By the way, that's my web site and I appreciate this forum allowing me to present it.

Any comments?????

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Could not get your website up. Don't know if it was my connection or just a finiky website.

Darrell Hignite

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
My main web site is down for the weekend, but fhatest is online.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Originally posted by Darrell Hignite@Aug 2 2003, 07:13 PM
I do not do VA, because I am a caucasion male,
Any comments?????
Yes, I have a comment.
Your comment was uncalled for. That's not the case in my Region. Do you want some cheese to go with that whine?

Darrell Hignite

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Thanks for your comments and continue doing federal appraisal work, that is the main topic of this thread.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Originally posted by Darrell Hignite@Aug 3 2003, 10:21 AM
VA choses their appraisers and minorities are chosen over most caucasion males. Females are minorities and have a much better chance to be chosen then men.

I don't need wine, it's just a fact that we live with. Thanks for your comments and continue doing federal appraisal work, that is the main topic of this thread.

Darrell....

I recently returned from our V.A. Regional Training Session in Philadelphia. That would be 7 of us from Delaware.... 6 males and myself. There were 195 appraisers there and at a glance, many more men then women, although who cares? I didn't count. Where did you get your hard data?

You mentioned "caucasian males". Do you have hard data for that, also? If you say it's "just a fact that we live with" I believe you should have "facts".

Now I am under contract with USDA to do Rural Development appraisals. You do those appraisals, also. Do you have any findings regarding their roster of fee appraisers?

My point is, without data to back up willy-nilly remarks, one can not be taken seriously.

Regards,
Charlotte Dixon, DE Cert Res
Appointed by the Governor to the
Delaware Council on Real Estate Appraisers

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Ummm.

Darrel;

As certified "Double_M" card carrying Indian (Native American - not Eastern) Female... I even gave them that trivia bit in hopes of gettin on :blink:

Result is I am no closer to being placed on the VA panel than I was 12 years ago when I first applied.

There is exactly one female panelist in my work area, all the others are traditional old boys and ain't a one of them minority anything (s'far as I know anyway).

Those on the outside lookin in get tired of being barred, those on the inside have a steady stream of biz for which they must continue to jump hurdles that frankly costed them time and $$ in the last couple boom years... they have the right to the bread in the coming lean ones.

A closed system IF properly overseen and monitored certainly beats the so-called lender select 'solution' - I now only get FHA REO orders regularly, and the occasional 'FHA superpanic rush' that the realtor is too desperate to object to my presence on... :rolleyes:

Funny thing is I don't nit-pick as much as some of my competition <_< :

I dunno why the realtors don like me :( maybe it's cause I DO call the major faults (deal-killin' ones like failin foundations - egr inspection kind) :twisted: which somehow get over looked :huh: by some folks with whom I compete.

I have no solution but I certainly admire the problem. --> ? <--

Despite my irritation that I cannot get on the VA panel myself: I quite agree that adding every Tim, Doc and ~smirk~ Harriette is NOT a good proposition for the sytem or those it was designed to protect: the VA homebuyer!.

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
Darrel;

When I departed my office Friday for the U.P., I was a V.A. appraiser.

When I took my shower this morning and checked, I was a Caucasian male.

Does this mean I have to turn in my resignation to the V.A. or are you just trying to be cute by making a left-handed racist remark?

Either way, those kind of comments are not appropriate here and they are defiantly not appreciated here; not by me at least.

Darrell Hignite

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Lee Ann,

I can not believe that you haven't been approved already for VA, I would love to do VA, but this is not a hot VA area, I think we have 2-3 and all are good old boys, but many, many females and minorities are making the ranks of VA appraisers. I apologize if my earlier message was pooly written.

Of course there are a few political helped along appointees, I just wish I could have been added. I have been trying for over ten years and am no closer today, then I was ten years ago. As far as having proof, I have been told that I would have better chances if I was a minority, but that was many years ago and I don't know the gentleman's name that told me that at VA. There are many things that I can't prove, but I love my god and believe that he listens to all my prayers. Thanks for the comments on this subject. REMEMBER....The intention of this thread is to get appraisers to do federal appraisal work... and if that helps the appraisers from NY to Cal, then this thread was worth it. :D

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Check your demographics... is it that there is a disproportionate number of minorities or is the panel FINALLY starting to reflect the actual reall live living breathing population as a whole :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks