• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I have solved the FREE COMP CHECK problem at my web stie, I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I think I have solve the Free Comp Check problem at my web site. Please visit www.raymiller.ws home page. Click on links in the center of the page for FREE COMP CHECKS and on the left side in the sandstone color area for FREE COMP CHECKS. :huh:

You can then by as harsh on me as you want for offering this service or you can pat me on the back. I did get two calls today that I converted to Desktops. We will see if they send the check now.:unsure:

I would really like to have your input. Good, bad or indifferent. :unsure:

Ed Falkowski MAI SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Ray...

I, like most on this forum, like you so I am inclined to be far less harsh with you than I would be on most. However, I am not a fan at all of promoting, in any way, shape or form, those companies which offer our services (again, in any way, shape or form) for free. Plus, since you deal with a marketing area of mostly unique properties with sales few and far between, I believe that you just open yourself up to a world of liability for clients potentially relying on the information that they got from any of these 4 websites which were linked through your website... even though you did a very good job of putting disclaimers on this link. If I were you, I'd take this entire link offline right away. As many others on this site have said, "If you want a comp check... it's $zzz... and you get a free appraisal".

If you do decide to leave this link active... do yourself another favor. Remove the word "comp" from "comp check". The fact that you are advertising websites for "comps" may potentially open you up to liability for saying that the sales found on any of these sites are "comps". I had a very good discussion with an MAI who I know and he agreed with me about the blatent mis-use of the word "comp" (i.e. when realtors say things like "I checked the comps in the area..."). A "comp" means that you identified SALES which were comparable to the subject property based on SOME criterion that you developed. Again, if you want to keep this link active (and I would not if I were you), I'd at least change it to "sales check" or something of that nature.

You're still ok in my book, Ray... but you asked for our thoughts. :icon_mrgreen: :beer:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
You raised some good points, that I did not think of.

I ask because I respect the opinions of the members of this fourm. If you don't ask you never know what others think a lot of times.

As far as the harshness, well it hard to get under the skin of an ole mossy back range bull that is still living out in the sage.

Last edited:

Tom Foster

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Ray,

On form at the bottom it says "Just Paste and Copy the form below to Word."

You need to copy before you can paste.

Other than that ...... Nice site.

I have a hunch that Ray will fix this soon, so I bet by the time the next member read this, it will be fixed.

Jim Onderisin

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
You are a good salesman, Ray. Your site makes me want to order a free comp check just because I can. The "problem" isn't going away, though. After using the four links on your site, the next thing that'll happen is a broker will call you and ask if you can "narrow it down a little more". The link on your site will just be an invitation for them to play the same old game. NICE website, by the way.

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Great idea and well thought out. Most of the brokers I know would get about down to the amp service and crash and burn...way way too much work for them.... :rof:

G-man

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
A very poor web site for "comp checks"

I agree Mr. Falkowski that when you mention "comps" you are talking about Comparable Sales. What you are offering are value checks through a third party. In addition, the web site is very poorly worded with bad syntax and improper punctuation. An example of this is "Which also means it will take us longer and more time to located the data." This should be worded something like: "Therefore, this means it will take our company more time to locate the data to accurately arrive at an opinion of value." You may wish to have someone re-read your web site so it presents a more professional face to anyone looking at your site. Other than that, keep on sticking it to the man.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Oregon
Nice try Ray, but MBs know if they call then they can't be recorded
unless they give permission. That's why Comp Checks are done on
the phone.

Easiest way to stop comp checks is to just say, "No, I don't do comp
checks. bye." Those who entertain them get what they deserve.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Georgia
I like it Ray. The ones who are hunting for a value bid will think your site to be a sarcastic joke... they'll leave thinking the yoke is on them. Those who honestly want to know if they should spend another second on the lead will probably contact you, giving you a chance to make a sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks