• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I just got scolded by a telemarketer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
WOW...

Times must be tough.

Police funding whatcha whoooeee...

I get these every so often and they are a scam. But when I stated that... I got a big long angry speech about I was wrong and they are not that organization...but they are this organization and...blahhh blahhh blahh..

at the end of the very long angry speech....I simply said to him...
"okay...but I am still not interested"...if the sound of brains imploding could be heard..I think I just heard it!

appraisalondemand

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
What time did they call you??? If it was after 9PM, I hope you have some way of proving it...

murray stroupe

Professional Status
General Public
State
Tennessee
Some are scams; but win with 10

WOW...

Times must be tough.

Police funding whatcha whoooeee...

I get these every so often and they are a scam. But when I stated that... I got a big long angry speech about I was wrong and they are not that organization...but they are this organization and...blahhh blahhh blahh..

at the end of the very long angry speech....I simply said to him...
"okay...but I am still not interested"...if the sound of brains imploding could be heard..I think I just heard it!
================
Some are not scams;
the police/state troopers can confirm that.

But since i pay taxes, which supports police anyway Patty;
agree,
& can find somthing better for giving tithes, offerings.....

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Virginia
I am on the do not call list but I still receive a telemarketer call every once and a while. I love screwing with them. If I can keep them on for five or so minutes I figure I am saving about ten others from being called. I try to sell them something back, etc. There are plenty of audio files on UTube of jokers messing with telemarketers. It's a hoot.

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
I am on the list too...but not for profits can call...

that is the loop hole.

Declare not for profit and you WIN!

lizhorvath

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
My husband contributes to an association from every paycheck. And yet they called me and asked for a donation.
When I told them my husband already donates they asked me, and I said "I donate my husband every day when I kiss him good bye and he heads out the door to do his job in a bullet proof vest wearing a gun." And he still had the [email protected] to tell me he didn't see my husband's name on his list of previous contributors.
Then how the he!! did you know my name when you called me?
Sometimes those guys don't know when enough is enough.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
The organizations get maybe 20 cents on the dollar. The fund raising industry was raked over the coals at a Congressional hearing yesterday. The money goes to salaries, fund raising costs, and parties/travel, etc for the guys running the fund raisers.

TEL2002

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Louisiana
Why not try to sell them an appraisal when they call.:rof:

Something like.......I'm sure glad you called, I have an opportunity that can help save you money on your next home purchase or refinance. Currently I am offering discounted appraisal fees of $750 for a SFR that is not a complex appraisal. Usually my fees are $1000 per appraisal, but for you there is a 25% discount if you sign up for the appraisal within the next 8 hours. Can we count on you for that?

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Why not try to sell them an appraisal when they call.:rof:

Something like.......I'm sure glad you called, I have an opportunity that can help save you money on your next home purchase or refinance. Currently I am offering discounted appraisal fees of $750 for a SFR that is not a complex appraisal. Usually my fees are $1000 per appraisal, but for you there is a 25% discount if you sign up for the appraisal within the next 8 hours. Can we count on you for that?

What a great idea! Give them a bumper sticker to stick on their car showing their support! :rof: Why not market the telemarketers? Now I wish I wasn’t on the do not call list. :rof:

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
My sister got a call from these guys a few years back stating they were fund raising for the Sedalia Police Department. Well Sedalia is a small town in Douglas County Colorado serviced only by a Sheriff's Department and the Colorado State Patrol. There is no Sedalia Police Deptartment.

I feel that when they have to call on the phone than something is not right about the organization. Then to call and say..."we are not looking for a donation over the phone but we have your address and will be sending you information on where you can donate"...Yikes...

They have my address?
Where did they get that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks