• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I need palm trees NO SNOW :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedness1

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
Ok, so Ohio's market is tanked & I really want to move where there's palm trees.

Where is a good place to move with palm trees that the market is doing okay?

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Forget about around here. I just ended the worst month in my 21 years in business in this area.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Sunny South carolina!

Columbia, Florence, Rock Hill seem to be doing well, anecdotally.

We are the palmetto state!!

Or you can do like a guy I heard of in a joke...Tie a snow shovel to the front of you car, head south. Every hour stop at a convenience store and say hello to the folks stopping in.

When somebody asks you what that thing is you have tied to the front of your car, you can stop driving.

wickedness1

Professional Status
State
Ohio
We are the palmetto state!!

Ok, so I was born & raised in Ohio (Cleveland) & don't know what "palmetto state" refers to, lol. Is that a bug? Cause I like palm trees but I don't like bugs, lol.

My hubby has actually brought up South Carolina alot lately & we are considering it seriously. I want by the ocean & palm trees.

My dad lives in Florida (Boca Raton) on the Intercoastal, but Florida's market I think is as bad if not worse than Ohio's right now :(

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
Lol

Look at our state flag is you want to know what a palmetto is...it is a tree, much like a palm. We do have the beach, charleston is on fire and I don't know how I forgot to metion that. Savannah, GA, isn't bad either--right on the border so to speak. Hilton head is strong, but hard to break in to from what I hear.

SC , IMO, will continue to grow because there is nothing else it can do. We are debt free, hence the poor education system, and lots of projects, interstates, inland ports, etc...coming. Plus, the weather is lovely here. If you live upstate, you can get snow 2 or 3 times a year...if you live in the low country, once or twice a decade.

CURT VAN HOOSER

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
I lived in Charleston in the late 80's and early 90's. Loved the place. I really got into crabbing and shrimping. Best seafood ever out on the islands. Only had one minor discomfort in the form of hurricane Hugo. But actually, that event really brought people together. You could easily do worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks