• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I thought I'd seen it all. A dog shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Cruised through a $1.4mil sample model today while getting some info on my subject and low and behold, what do I see in the laundry room by the laundry tub..wow... what a novel idea to keep the white carpets clean when you have a dog...

Fido's own doggie shower with marble surround????? for $2,900. Stuffed dog and accessories are not included. Alternate HBU: Timeout room for disobedient children?????

Check it out. Does it come in a double wide???? Hey, come to think of it, my $1.1Mil house didn't have it. Is that Functional Obsolescence?

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=ben%2Dvic...D=484419&Pres=Y

Ben

Nancy in Friday Harbor

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Washington
Ben,
Been seeing those for several years in new construction of top end houses. I think it's an indication of the changing times and the challenges of finding good help. 8O

The older high end estates have servants quarters.......I'll bet the maid or the gardner had to shampoo the dog!!! :puppydogeyes:

Ain't it grand to see how the other half lives?! :lol: :lol:

Judy Whitehead (Florida)

Professional Status
State
Florida
I saw one not long ago, too, Ben!!! Mine was a builder's own home and there was a "pet shower" in the laundry room. Actually they had a cat and kept the litter box in it, but it could be used to bathe dogs, too. I actually thought it was a neat idea. I used to bathe my dog in a laundry tub when I lived up north (cold outside) and always got sopping wet getting him out. Then he would, of course, shake the rest all over us.

In this case, I was doing a final inspection on a new construction I had done and the pet "shower" was a pleasant surprise. I noted it on the Sat. Completion form! The owner had been in the house about a week and their cat made his first appearance for me (they know a kitty person when they see one). He had been hiding for a week, as he was suffering from "moving stress." When I got there, he raced out an rubbed cat hair all over my slacks - Joy :roll:

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Nancy,

I'm working on the photo. It came through on the preview of the message before I posted. I'll figure it out and edit the post.

Ben

Richard Carlsen

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
About a month ago I saw an elevated dog tub with steps leading up to the tub. It was in an addition going on to a house. The guy said that his dog stunk so bad they had to bathe him at least once a week. This way they don't have to bend down when they wash the dog.

Works for me.

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Had to find another web photo storage site that allows linking. Still can't use Wayne's fancy format so you'll have to click on the link above to see the photo.

Ben

Nancy in Friday Harbor

Professional Status
State
Washington
Uh, oh!!
Looks like they aren't planning on a long legged standard poodle or a rottweiler or newfie!! 8O The doggie showers I've seen have been BIGGER!
Actually, my middle-aged back would rather have the raised bathtub. On the other hand, I think I'll leave the raised tub at my groomer's and we'll all keep visiting her every couple of weeks! :roll:

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Ben. :lol: Perhaps the dog shower is a functional ob as it can't recover cost in the market? What about a CAT shower? For sure a useless ob. Or maybe it's becoming a standard feature and does pay back (I have not seen 1 yet :lol: )

Either way, thanks for the :lol: :lol:

Ben Vukicevich SRA

Professional Status
State
New Jersey
Lee,

I'm still thinking alternate use-why does a dog need a safety/grab bar above the shower?? That's bugging me out.

I still think you throw the bad kids in there and hose them off to cool them down. 8O 8O 8O

Trotta will have the answer......

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks