• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I would not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
OMG, very scary!

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
:Eyecrazy:

It would be a fair amount of time before I would be on a plane again after that.:Eyecrazy:

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
HOLY CRAP!

Those Pilots are HEROS!

That was an Awesome job of saving that plane.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Hey, better to be on that plane than one that crashed. I'd buy that pilot ein bier or zwie beer.

TC

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Hey, better to be on that plane than one that crashed. I'd buy that pilot ein bier or zwie beer.

TC

Absolutely. And I'd join them.:new_all_coholic:

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I was on 3 very scary flights. 2 were small, private planes. On one of them, my ex and I had flown down to Mexico to look at a project that needed financing. The trip down was uneventful. Coming back the next day, we took off and once we were off the ground the pilot says he was too hung over to fly and told my ex (who was a student pilot) to take over. She did but after passing over LA, we lost all electric and by that time it was dark. We almost flew into a mountainside but changed course at a lower altitude and followed the freeway lights. Landing in Oakland at around 1 AM was REAL scary. No lights or instruments, and we could not receive any radio communication. They could hear us and knew what was happening. Luckily, there were no other planes on approach or takeoff at that time. I have to give my ex credit for brains and nerves of steel.

The 2nd time was when I was buidling a house in a mountainous area about 200 miles from home. My ex had her license by then and took 5 of us on an inspection tour. We landed, did our inspection and then started for home in the heat of a very hot summer day. We could not gain altitude because of the heat and had to fly in circles for 2 hours before gaining enough heigth to get over the mountains.

The 3rd time was commercial. We had visted Katmandu in Nepal with the next stop at Tiger Tops, a National Park also in Nepal. We boarded one of those older prop planes you only see in old movies and headed into the jungle. Landing on a dirt strip with the nose in the air was a breath taking experience. I could write a short story on that trip but I don't want to bore you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks