• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

If You Were Newly Certified, What AMC/lenders Take You On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valueseeker

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
Hello board,

So as I become newly certified I wanted to start to work independently and acquire some clients to work with. My question is if you were newly certified, which AMC's or lenders can you work for? I'm finding that more and more lenders require being certified or licensed for 3 to 5 years.

BRCJR

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Virginia
Stay with your mentor as long as possible, as long as you are being treated fairly. You can still learn a lot from mentorship after you receive that license.

timd354

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
Hello board,

So as I become newly certified I wanted to start to work independently and acquire some clients to work with. My question is if you were newly certified, which AMC's or lenders can you work for? I'm finding that more and more lenders require being certified or licensed for 3 to 5 years.
Right now if you are located in Colorado, Oregon, Montana, North Dakota or Washington, I think that a new appraiser would have no problem at all obtaining plenty of work since these areas currently have a shortage of appraisers. In other areas obtaining clients with less than at 2 or 3 years experience can be very difficult

Last edited:

bnmappraisal

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
The above 3 posts all have valid/good points.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California

SillyMe

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
West Virginia
Clear Capital

SillyMe

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
West Virginia
In my market, they are very good to work with. I routinely receive $500 fees for 2055\REO and this week I have a 1004C for 1k and a 10 day turn time.

I never accept their proposed fees and quote everything.

Dumpers14

Professional Status
State
Georgia
In my market, they are very good to work with. I routinely receive $500 fees for 2055\REO and this week I have a 1004C for 1k and a 10 day turn time.

I never accept their proposed fees and quote everything.
They are pretty much ****. Stips and annoying calls. They may pay you well but in most places they pay below 300 even when you ask for more. You may be one of a handful that has ever said CC IS GOOD. Most AMCs are garbage and CC, Coester, Imortgage/Single source, Valuation partners are leading the **** AMC pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks