• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Illegal to introduce myself as an appraiser if I'm a trainee?

chad hampton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Never buy into the misconception that reviewers are more competent than appraisers. In most cases, it is the opposite.

I've seen plenty of reviews with license #'s that are so high, I think they were just certified last week.

NP_MAI

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I've seen plenty of reviews with license #'s that are so high, I think they were just certified last week.
I agree, but the license # also does not imply that someone is competent.

When I came up, I thought that all MAI's were competent, high-achieving, professionals. That assumption was quickly disproved. I have also worked with some perpetual trainees who were some of the most competent, hard working individuals that I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

It all comes down to the person. Make sure you pick a good mentor, not one that is going to take advantage of you and stick you in a dark corner.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks