• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

I'm going to appraise a cave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wm. Hattaway

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Now I’m not absolutely sure it’s a cave. You see when I called to set the appointment with the homeowner he asked “so how is the housing market”. I thought "he must live in a cave".

Last edited:

rbrienza

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Colorado
was it Batman? and if so where is Robin...

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I thought you meant a real cave, and briefly wondered if it was 1 of those tourist caves. :leeann2:

Not everyone pays attention to the news.
Although I think it's part of our job. :new_llying:

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
1 of those tourist caves... Like Hole in the Wall Utah?...I like the bull made from metal parts - his testicles are made from well, what else? nuts.

Lee in L.A.

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
I was thinking Karchner Caverns in AZ, and another one not too far away.

Colossal Caverns? Both were pretty cool. Literally and figuratively. :leeann2:

Patti Jury

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Colorado
No he actually has the typical point of view...

"My house is the best one on the block and the current market has NO bearing on the value of my house!"

You as the Appraiser just need to yank your head out of your butt and get that value!

"I'm not like everyone else...for I am SPECIAL"

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
One of my teachers over at the college a few years back, had to appraise a tourist cave just west of Madison. He found the Cave Owners Association list and found that there are a couple of appraisers that just do caves around the country. Talk about a nich market.

Is a cave worth more that has bats over one that does not??

Where I grew up in the Missouri Ozarks, it was one of our hobbies to go cave crawling. That was when we were dumb and young. That was before I knew you need ropes, back lights, a way to map your self in and out, markers and you told someone where you were going and what time you would be back. Never got lost in one, but there were times I didn't know where I was at or where I was going. Talk about pich black dark.

Ft. Wood use to have some spring caves that we would crawl around in when there for basic training in the 60's.

Friend of mine up in Glaicer Park, (summer part time park ranger) went cave crawing above Kennedy or Poia Lake (don't just remember which one now). It rained the water came up and the Park Service had to go in and dig him out from the top. He missed his ETA back out. This happen back in the 70's. There fear was the water would fill the cave and he would be no more. When it rains almost every day in the park and some days it rains all day long for days on end.

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
Now I’m not absolutely sure it’s a cave. You see when I called to set the appointment with the homeowner he asked “so how is the housing market”. I thought "he must live in a cave".

He's just BATty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks