• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

I'm Wondering Whether The Competition Has These Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
Hello,
thank you for reading this (and maybe replying)
I've been working with ClickForms for a month now and I don't feel CF does enough to make me more productive. I'm wondering whether the competition has these features:
- clearing all the pictures in one step (in case I'm using a clone)
- being able to annotate fields (for instance, I don't know a value but I'll get back to it. If there's a way to annotate it somehow, I'll be sure not to miss it.
- being able to split the screen. This would probably be the most useful of them all. I know I can save the file to xxxCopy.clk for instance, but splitting the screen is much more convenient.
- more meaningful keyboard shortcuts. I wish there was one where I could enlarge/reduce the view. ALL serious programs have that feature. Or moving to the next/previous page. I know there are some users who would never use keyboard shortcuts but I'm sure there are enough of us who would.
- making a calculation in the numerical field. For instance, a way to calculate, 400 * 123 and get the result right there. Why should I use an external calculator or the Windows calculator?
- I think the documentation is bad. One of the main tutorials featured on their YouTube page is from 2011.

Thank you
Cristian

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
I haven't, and the reason is that my supervisor is not a big fan of switching form ClickForms.

My latest "discovery" was that I had to click a toolbar button in order to delete a page from the report, whereas all the serious tools (I mean tools in general, not appraisers tools) have a way of deleting using the "Delete" key. I think the way they designed the user interface is mediocre (I hope the product manager from Bradford is reading this). I can't understand how a company can be in the heart of Silicon Valley yet have a tool reminiscent of early 2000's.

I hope Total is not like that.
Someone told me that CF is very popular in CA. I believe it's true. While in CA, all appraisers I knew about hat CF.

So, Lee, how do you like Total overall? Have you worked with CF, too?

RoyBeckham

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
Christian

- For clearing photos (as would be the case with a cloned report) you can delete entire addendum pages, but not photos from all the cells.
- To make an annotation you have a couple of options. There's free floating text. Just select the blue "T" icon and then click and type anywhere. This is like a post-it note on your form. You can also use the bookmark feature. Drag a bookmark to the bar and name it whatever to remind yourself.
- For split screen, are you looking to have different parts of the report open in different windows? We can open across multiple monitors, but not different sections.
- Zoom keys: You probably just saw a tech tip that went out with our "Speed Keys" but zoom is not one of them. It is in the tool bar though. I'll pass that one on to the Product Manager to see if it can be added.
- Field calculations: The site dimensions field can handle this math, in what other fields would you need this functionality?
- We conduct bi-weekly training webinars and these have been more popular. Admittedly we could be more timely with documentation updates. I'll blame the marketing department for that one (that's me BTW)
- For deleting pages by the delete key - we don’t delete pages with the Delete key, you select the page, then press the Trash icon, or right click the form name in the Forms Manager and select Delete, or if you need to delete multiple pages, go to Forms > Delete Forms to select multiple pages to delete.

I did forward your suggestions to the Product Manager. We're always open to suggestions and add them to future releases if possible. Thank you for taking the time to list your suggestions.

Regards

Roy Beckham | Marketing Manager
Bradford Technologies

Hello,
thank you for reading this (and maybe replying)
I've been working with ClickForms for a month now and I don't feel CF does enough to make me more productive. I'm wondering whether the competition has these features:
- clearing all the pictures in one step (in case I'm using a clone)
- being able to annotate fields (for instance, I don't know a value but I'll get back to it. If there's a way to annotate it somehow, I'll be sure not to miss it.
- being able to split the screen. This would probably be the most useful of them all. I know I can save the file to xxxCopy.clk for instance, but splitting the screen is much more convenient.
- more meaningful keyboard shortcuts. I wish there was one where I could enlarge/reduce the view. ALL serious programs have that feature. Or moving to the next/previous page. I know there are some users who would never use keyboard shortcuts but I'm sure there are enough of us who would.
- making a calculation in the numerical field. For instance, a way to calculate, 400 * 123 and get the result right there. Why should I use an external calculator or the Windows calculator?
- I think the documentation is bad. One of the main tutorials featured on their YouTube page is from 2011.

Thank you
Cristian

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I just rolled CF onto a new computer. Simple install, copied all reports/files/templates/comments, and it works like a charm.

I've just become pretty good with the auto adjustments and comp database; a couple of real nice features.

One question though: When I reuse a comparable and add a new/updated/modern photo, the database seems to keep the original (as of the date of the comp save) photo. Is there an easy way to 'update' the database, specifically individual reused comps when you take a new picture?

If you are cloning reports instead of creating templates
I tend to clone reports for specific clients. I do work for one direct lender that has me doing a driveby every 3 months (usually 3-4 times on the same property). I clone the old report, put in the new file number, new subject photos and a new comparable or two and updated listings. Works well.

Evincere

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
Have you tried Total? :shrug:
You can try it with no obligation - I believe Total allows for completed report(s) in their trial period demo - a report can be completed and delivered.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
tend to clone reports
I can't think of a single 'clone' that I've attempted where I didn't end up spending as much time double checking for incorrect dates, file numbers, doubled up statements, etc than it would take to simply repunch the data or copy/paste relevant narrative.

RoyBeckham

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
One question though: When I reuse a comparable and add a new/updated/modern photo, the database seems to keep the original (as of the date of the comp save) photo. Is there an easy way to 'update' the database, specifically individual reused comps when you take a new picture?

The product manager said. "go to Edit > Preferences and select Saving, the default is set to Create Duplicate Comp Entries, so you always have your original. However, you can change this to Update Existing Comp Entries. Then click Apply, then OK to keep this setting."

I didn't know the answer to that one, but will always hunt down a tech or product manager to get you guys an answer.

Roy Beckham | Marketing Manager
Bradford Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks