• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

I'm Wondering Whether The Competition Has These Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
I can't think of a single 'clone' that I've attempted where I didn't end up spending as much time double checking for incorrect dates, file numbers, doubled up statements, etc than it would take to simply repunch the data or copy/paste relevant narrative.
I feel the same way :)

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
Christian

- For clearing photos (as would be the case with a cloned report) you can delete entire addendum pages, but not photos from all the cells.
- To make an annotation you have a couple of options. There's free floating text. Just select the blue "T" icon and then click and type anywhere. This is like a post-it note on your form. You can also use the bookmark feature. Drag a bookmark to the bar and name it whatever to remind yourself.
- For split screen, are you looking to have different parts of the report open in different windows? We can open across multiple monitors, but not different sections.
- Zoom keys: You probably just saw a tech tip that went out with our "Speed Keys" but zoom is not one of them. It is in the tool bar though. I'll pass that one on to the Product Manager to see if it can be added.
- Field calculations: The site dimensions field can handle this math, in what other fields would you need this functionality?
- We conduct bi-weekly training webinars and these have been more popular. Admittedly we could be more timely with documentation updates. I'll blame the marketing department for that one (that's me BTW)
- For deleting pages by the delete key - we don’t delete pages with the Delete key, you select the page, then press the Trash icon, or right click the form name in the Forms Manager and select Delete, or if you need to delete multiple pages, go to Forms > Delete Forms to select multiple pages to delete.

I did forward your suggestions to the Product Manager. We're always open to suggestions and add them to future releases if possible. Thank you for taking the time to list your suggestions.

Regards

Roy Beckham | Marketing Manager
Bradford Technologies
Thank you for your reply, Roy.
I'll give a more detailed answer as to what I would need.

ChristianG

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Georgia
Christian

- For clearing photos (as would be the case with a cloned report) you can delete entire addendum pages, but not photos from all the cells.
- To make an annotation you have a couple of options. There's free floating text. Just select the blue "T" icon and then click and type anywhere. This is like a post-it note on your form. You can also use the bookmark feature. Drag a bookmark to the bar and name it whatever to remind yourself.
- For split screen, are you looking to have different parts of the report open in different windows? We can open across multiple monitors, but not different sections.
- Zoom keys: You probably just saw a tech tip that went out with our "Speed Keys" but zoom is not one of them. It is in the tool bar though. I'll pass that one on to the Product Manager to see if it can be added.
- Field calculations: The site dimensions field can handle this math, in what other fields would you need this functionality?
- We conduct bi-weekly training webinars and these have been more popular. Admittedly we could be more timely with documentation updates. I'll blame the marketing department for that one (that's me BTW)
- For deleting pages by the delete key - we don’t delete pages with the Delete key, you select the page, then press the Trash icon, or right click the form name in the Forms Manager and select Delete, or if you need to delete multiple pages, go to Forms > Delete Forms to select multiple pages to delete.

Regards

Bradford Technologies
Thank you for your reply, Roy.

For photos, I am using an empty clone, so deleting the pictures is not so critical to me.
The bookmark functionality is very useful, thank you, I tried it.
I think splitting the screen would be very useful. This way I haver to go back and forth between pages (or create a temporary copy of the file and open it on two monitors)
For field calculations: I was looking at the adjustment fields. Not really critical, as the adjustments work great. I really love them.
I think deleting a page using "Delete" would make me (not sure about others) more effective. Because, isn't it, keyboard is faster than mouse.
Forms/delete forms is very useful, thanks.

Also, I think it would be useful to have a way to navigate to the next page by using a key (as opposed to pressing the next page in the navigation bar on the left). Because keyboard is faster.

Then I realized that sometimes copy-paste only works for right click (copy/paste), but not with Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V. If I'm using a clone, I can do copy-paste using the mouse for the address but not with keyboard shortcuts.
When going to File/Deliver UAD Appraisal, at some point I have to select a pdf and xml file path. But, in my opinion, I shouldn't have to, as long as I want to save the xml/pdf to the path of the clk file. Sure, it's just two clicks, but I would expect click forms to just use the defaults/current folder.

I really love Crtl-D (current date)

RoyBeckham

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
California
> The bookmark functionality is very useful, thank you, I tried it.

It's a good feature, but not everyone is aware of it. I used our conversation to send it out as a ClickTIP.

>I think splitting the screen would be very useful. This way I haver to go back and forth between pages (or create a temporary copy of the file and open it on two monitors)

Jorge says, This is not something we can do right now, however we do have some tools that open up in windows that can be moved to a different screen, like the Edit Comparables window. You can see all your comps on one screen and make comments on them on the other screen.

> For field calculations: I was looking at the adjustment fields. Not really critical, as the adjustments work great. I really love them.
I think deleting a page using "Delete" would make me (not sure about others) more effective. Because, isn't it, keyboard is faster than mouse.

Not currently capable of adding that, but it may be part of a larger upgrade we have in the works. I've passed it on to the dev team.

> Also, I think it would be useful to have a way to navigate to the next page by using a key (as opposed to pressing the next page in the navigation bar on the left). Because keyboard is faster.

Also from Jorge, You can use the ‘Fn + PgDn’ (or PgUp) keyboard combination to Page Down or Up quicker.

> Then I realized that sometimes copy-paste only works for right click (copy/paste), but not with Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V. If I'm using a clone, I can do copy-paste using the mouse for the address but not with keyboard shortcuts.

The Techs could not duplicate this problem here. Can one of our techs call you or you call in so that we can look into what is going on and maybe resolve this issue for you?

> When going to File/Deliver UAD Appraisal, at some point I have to select a pdf and xml file path. But, in my opinion, I shouldn't have to, as long as I want to save the xml/pdf to the path of the clk file. Sure, it's just two clicks, but I would expect click forms to just use the defaults/current folder.

By default XML files are saved here: C:\Documents\My ClickFORMS\UAD XML Files but if you change this location. ClickFORMS should remember the new location path for next time. This is something our techs can look into as well if it is not doing this.

> I really love Crtl-D (current date)

Thumbs way up

Thanks for digging into ClickFORMS. There are a lot of gems that really speed up the process if you make them a part of your workflow.

Regards

Bradford Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks