• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Import Trendsheets 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
So I have tried to see on here if there was an answer to my question yes I used the search function. I did see an old discussion of trendsheets 4 yet not an answer for what I want. I just started using Alamode a few months ago so forgive me if I don't know how to due this.

I am looking at trying to import the pivot tables from worksheets specifically Trendsheets 4 for the GLA, site size, bed/bath count etc adjustments from the worksheets to the addendum as further support for my adjustments. Right now I just reference the adjustments with how I ran them. Was considering importing the pivot tables. So far most things I've tried has failed. Other than taking a screen shot of the worksheet then importing it as a jpeg image into the addendum. Does anyone know of a way to do this direct or is there just now way currently?

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
I believe that "Lee in LA" uses the treendsheet templates. You may want to reach out to him and see if he'll answer a few questions for you. That would be aside from contacting the trendsheet tech support as well.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
While I don't use Alamode, there are several videos that may prove helpful.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
Been watching the videos. Mostly been playing with with Alamode and trendsheets. Seems only easy way is snipping tool on Microsoft.

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I open it as a worksheet in Total. It transfers the price and age ranges, the 1004MC data, and the active and sold ranges at the top of page 2 (or 3 for condo) into the form.
I also sometimes copy paste graphs from it into a word doc, print to pdf, then add to my appraisal.
I forget the technicalities of how I got it into Total as a worksheet, but that is in the instructions for Trendsheet.
I do recall you need to have the trendsheet xml file in the same folder on your computer as the xls file for it to work in Total.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I open it as a worksheet in Total. It transfers the price and age ranges, the 1004MC data, and the active and sold ranges at the top of page 2 (or 3 for condo) into the form.
I also sometimes copy paste graphs from it into a word doc, print to pdf, then add to my appraisal.
I forget the technicalities of how I got it into Total as a worksheet, but that is in the instructions for Trendsheet.
I do recall you need to have the trendsheet xml file in the same folder on your computer as the xls file for it to work in Total.

I use a large photo page, use the windows snip tool to cut out the graph, and use copy to put into the photo page. Text box on the right lets you explain the graph. simple, clean, uses existing ALM forms etc.......

Brian W Street

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Indiana
I would email Mr. Reich he would best be able to answer this question, it is his sheet and he is very helpful. If I understand your question you are basically trying to link cells, unfortunately Total only allows you to insert certain fields into the text addenda and I do not see anything to insert from Trendsheet. I can see where it would be useful to insert a field into the text addenda then link it to Trendsheet. For those using this sheet do you find the suggested adjustments results reliable? I really like the market analysis that it provides but I do question the suggested adjustments, I often get weird numbers that make no sense. Even so the market analysis is worth the cost of the program in my opinion.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I would email Mr. Reich he would best be able to answer this question, it is his sheet and he is very helpful. If I understand your question you are basically trying to link cells, unfortunately Total only allows you to insert certain fields into the text addenda and I do not see anything to insert from Trendsheet. I can see where it would be useful to insert a field into the text addenda then link it to Trendsheet. For those using this sheet do you find the suggested adjustments results reliable? I really like the market analysis that it provides but I do question the suggested adjustments, I often get weird numbers that make no sense. Even so the market analysis is worth the cost of the program in my opinion.

I use the results as a starting place, not as a final arbiter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks