• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Important - New Software Upgrade - Info Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
We have upgraded our forum software today to a different package. All the topics and posts were converted as well as all the members user names and passwords.

You may have to log in manually the first time. When you log in check the "remember me" box so you won't have to log in manually again unless you delete cookies from your computer.

The User Groups will have to be manually set up and I hope to have them online later today or tomorrow. All posts have been preserved.

You will probably have to re-select an avatar. Click on "my controls" and there is a link for Avatar. Just select another one if yours is missing or doesn't look right. If you uploaded a custom avatar your computer you will need to re-upload it. If you no longer have it contact me and describe your avatar and I will try to find it for you.

The reason for upgrading is that this software has more user features as I will expand on later. Many of these features have been requested by users. Such as ability to print and subscribe to topics. Click the "help" button on above and you will see it's many features.

The learning curve will be very low or not at all as this software looks and operates very similar to the other (most functions are the same).

There will be some small glitches I am sure, which I will work out.

Please do read the extensive "help" section first before contacting me.

Please Post any problems or help requests in the Forum Help Forum (this forum)

Thank you for your support!

Wayne McKerley
AppraisersForum.com

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Apparently a few of you had bookmarked some direct links on the old forum (such as view new posts) and so you were able to post a 4-5 messages this am on the old board.

An oversight on my part to not anticipate that. I have now password protected the old board and the message comes up and tells you go to http://appraisersforum.com or you can go directly to appraisersforum.com/forum either one will work fine.

If there are any other problems, post them as a reply to this topic and I will look into them.

So far everything is working great, I still haven't set up the user groups that will take some time. I am working on the avatars now.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
Wayne:

AWESOME!

But I can't find where to switch myself back to my preferred Anony- mouse User setting?

I see someone else figured it out.. but I can't locate it by using search, nor in board settings, profile or anywhere else...

Thanks!

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Log out. Then log back in. That's where it is located, on the log in screen. Check "remember me" and it should remember you choose to be on without showing on the list of users.

(afraid someone will notice you spending too much time on the forum instead or working? ):D :D :D

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
:redface:
I am my own boss....
But in REAL answer to that question YES

I often pop in an out while on hold or waiting for something to pull up on some other less well run site...

and I would n't want the world to know I AM on quite this much...

But what is funny is how many other folk have asked this question of me OFF the forum :D Like I knew the answer :rolleyes:

"I am not alone" :lol:
"Silent Running" enabled!

Thanks!

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
I agree Pam. Part of the attraction of the WC was not knowing if you were going to get a joke or an argument when you went in to a post........maybe it will grow on us..... :(

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
One thing I have learned and that is appraisers hate change :unsure:

Perhaps we could come up with another name for the Watercooler Lite?

Reason for Watercooler Lite: I, and other users who have emailed me in the past, stopped visiting the Watercooler because of some of the posts there in recent months, or I guess I should say the way some people go at each other and just never end topics until they either get the last word or a moderator has to lock a topic. Some of the posts themselves seem like war. And you aren't always sure what a post was until you clicked on it and started reading it.

The original description of the Watercooler was exactly this:
Here is where put anything off topic, jokes, and chit chat and become friends and talk about all the non-appraisal things.

I suppose politics, religion, war and other heavy subjects are non-appraisal but the topic description was written with the idea that the Watercooler would be just light humor and chit chat, not what it has become.

That's why I started Watercooler Lite. To be what the Watercooler was intended to be to start with, for myself, and those other people who don't care for the direction the Watercooler has taken. A place to take a quick break, read a joke, or talk about non-serious things to break up the monotony of whatever they are doing. Like the comics, or sports sections of the newspaper, but unlike the front page and editorial page.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Like the comics, or sports sections of the newspaper, but unlike the front page and editorial page.

:D I agree, I can get my fill of politics on TV. Two coolers is fine with me. Besides, in our house she has hers........ and I have mine. :D :beer:

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
OK, that makes sense to me.

But, since most of the personal slamming come from the 'Political, Religion, War' subjects, how about the separated watercooler subject be for those?

Instead of 'Watercooler Lite', let the lite stuff be the Watercooler and make the others 'Watercooler Heavy'.

:question: :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks