• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Imrmls -- Strong Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
The website describes a new security procedure effective 09/15/08.

It appears that each account will be issued one fob that displays an ever-changing password, which will be needed to access MLS in addition to your user name & I.D.

The site says that "tokens are given at no extra charge," but it doesn't say whether one account gets multiple fobs!

So Cal RealEstate

Professional Status
State
California
One user name per fob they are trying to control people that give out user name and passwords to all their buddies.

ZZGAMAZZ

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Can an appraisal company purchase/rent additional fobs?

ddnma

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I guess the MLS system wants "1 intended user" for their system, don't want people sharing it with their friends... kind of like appraisers not wanting the data on their reports mined/shared.

Makes sense to me.

Lloyd Bonafide

Professional Status
State
California
San Diego County MLS, (Sandicor), went to the exact same system several months ago. No more sharing of MLS.

I think a real estate broker can maybe get an extra token for a registered assistant, but otherwise, it's one token and one account per person.

Doug Wegener

Professional Status
State
Oregon
What company?

The website describes a new security procedure effective 09/15/08.

It appears that each account will be issued one fob that displays an ever-changing password, which will be needed to access MLS in addition to your user name & I.D.

The site says that "tokens are given at no extra charge," but it doesn't say whether one account gets multiple fobs!

What company makes the technology? Id like to invest in them. Every MLS in the country will go this way.

ZZGAMAZZ

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Doug: Let me invest first and you will be able to buy shares for half off within 30 days. That's how my investments always respond !!!

Metamorphic

Professional Status
State
California
We've got that currently. Its kind of cool technology. I wish I could figure out how they keep the rotating password in sync with the web site. My only thought is that they have the fob syncing with the broadcast from the atomic clock in boulder (I have a watch that does that) which would keep it precise to +/- 1 sec.

You can defeat the 1-user problem with a couple cell phones...."Hey Jim, what's the code right now?" Not such a great solution if one of you is a late night owl worker. It also occurred to me that you could put it on your desk and point a web cam at it and broadcast that on a web page so others can use it.

ZZGAMAZZ

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
you could put it on your desk and point a web cam at it and broadcast that on a web page so others can use it.

BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks