• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Incompetent Field Review By SRA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Stillman

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Have you ever encountered an appraiser that just wants to shoot your work down, no matter what? They will even lie about it? I have, too many times. Here is the latest example.

Of the 44 pages in the review, which I can't possibly comment on here in this limited space, allow me to address two of the more obvious ones that are either utterly incompetent or utterly stupid. Or both.

First of all, the review appraiser (an SRA, so get ready to set your expectations high!) says that the subject below is surrounded by commercial/industrial use properties. The large brown building to the left is not a manufacturing plant of any kind - it is an elementary school. The reddish building in between is not an industrial fabrication plant of any kind - it is a motel.

Secondly, the reviewer said that the subject is "also" surrounded by railroad tracks. If you notice in the far upper left hand corner, you will see a small portion of railroad tracks. Yes - the ones far, far, away.

Never mind the highway - I know that is there, and that is a separate issue - I'm only including the ones a second grader should be able to observe and be able to formulate an opinion on.

Here is the map. You make your own conclusions.

(BTW - this example is exactly why I include twice the information that most lenders require. The aerial map, which I doubt is ever looked at - proves invaluable in this situation.)

aerial map view.JPG

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
But did he agree with your value? I don't know your area, solely based on the map supplied it does seem to be a small neighborhood of residences near some commercial, industrial (?), and institutional, and 4-lane-ish roads on two sides (within two to three blocks of the subject). So what else was in the 44 pages?

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
44 pages of review? Why?

streetscenes

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
California
So the review appraiser disagreed with your neighborhood description. Is there more to the story? Did he use this disagreement to conclude at a different opinion of value?

residentialguy

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Minnesota
Rick, if your appraisal is strong, I'd blast him into a distant memory.

Last edited:

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Ok, we are not mind readers. Are your comps located 20 miles away?:ROFLMAO:

44 pages? For real?:popcorn:

djd09

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Ohio
44 page review. Some have ruined a great gig.

Eli

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
Have you ever seen the movie "the sandlot"? Is that the sandlot I see on the map?:)

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I see no reason why the reviewer mentioned the neighbhorhood paramters, unless he disagreed with your description or has other reasons. You give so little information about the appraisal, why it was reviewed, or what other conculsions
the reviewer made that I can't tell what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks