• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Indoor Basketball Court/Sports Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsolescent

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Minnesota
Just inspected a 10,000sf home in eastern Dupage. Its a two story with full finished basement...then a sub basement of sorts that houses an indoor, below grade basketball/sport court (not full size - 50x50.) Obviously, I'm having trouble finding comps with an indoor sport court and was hoping someone might recall a sale in the past two years or so that might have had such a amenity. If you can be of some assistance please email me at intp004 @ yahoo.com (take out the spaces.)

Thanks in advance.

Judy

Suz-E

Professional Status
State
Illinois
I know of a new construction in Naperville that had a sports court...could you use that? I think it sold in late 07 for 1.8 million. I'll email you the address so you can look it up.

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Illinois
Thought I had one for you. One of the last appraisals I did before working for IDFPR.
A 4,909 Sq.Ft. Naperville two-story with an in-door pool and a strange little in-door basketball court. The MLS listing is 06522488...but it was WAY WAY over listed. And...so it sits. Expired.

What do we know, anyway?

Obsolescent

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
I heard a rumor that Frank Thomas sold his house a couple years ago and it had some sort of batting cage/sport court. Anyone know what town that was? Shoot me an email if you can help intp004 @ yahoo.com

Claude From NY

Professional Status
State
New York
If NY suburbs

I would have had the perfect comp for you. 10,000 sf GLA, 30' x 50' sports court over 30' x 55' indoor pool, all above grade. $3,760,000 11/2007.

Suz-E

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Yes, it was Oak Brook, but I think that was quite a few years back. I don't think it was in the last 3 years. I could be wrong. My father may know for sure exactly where it was, I'll ask him if he remembers the address.

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
State
Illinois
As I recall his house was as big as a good-size shopping center...something like 25,000 Sq.Ft. or more...if memory serves.

Obsolescent

Professional Status
State
Minnesota
Thanks Suze and Brian! I'll look into it!

Brian Weaver

Professional Status
State
Illinois
Have you seen these in MLSNI?

06199031, 06722604, 06420748, 05025228,06118671, 06127209

Maybe a couple of these will be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks