• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Industry news or spam?

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
Every day my mailbox is flooded with industry “news” combined with exciting offers for flood maps, CE courses, E & O policy discounts, etc. I put practically all of them in junk mail or unsubscribe because there is rarely anything new, I’ve already read about it here or in emails and announcements from the alphabet soup people. Also, I’m not interested in some interview of an AMC team leader to talk about the future of the business. I think some of them get their leads in here for the following day’s spam. So, what I’m leading up to is this, are there any out there that are actually informative that I may be missing?

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Depends upon the information you are seeking,
versus
the information they want you to believe.

Kinda funny that you can't do an interior inspection when an exterior was ordered,

oh, but remember AIR and the development and reporting can not be influenced by the lenders.

:rof: :rof: :rof:

ZZGAMAZZ

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
versus

Kinda funny that you can't do an interior inspection when an exterior was ordered,

oh, but remember AIR and the development and reporting can not be influenced by the lenders.

Figured I would go above-&-beyond the Exterior-only assignment conditions by doing a quick walk-through of the property to observe conditions, take photos, and try to figure out the garage conversion. Client subsequently conditioned the report for a missing sketch...

ucbruin

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Massachusetts
Figured I would go above-&-beyond the Exterior-only assignment conditions by doing a quick walk-through of the property to observe conditions, take photos, and try to figure out the garage conversion. Client subsequently conditioned the report for a missing sketch...
On the few exterior/desktop assignments I've completed....
Engagement letter says include a copy of the sketch (assessor, MLS, etc.) and if no sketch is available to type Sketch not available on the sketch page....

Shame on that lender if they didn't include language on the engagement letter regarding a sketch....

USPAP Compliant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Every day my mailbox is flooded with industry “news” combined with exciting offers for flood maps, CE courses, E & O policy discounts, etc. I put practically all of them in junk mail or unsubscribe because there is rarely anything new, I’ve already read about it here or in emails and announcements from the alphabet soup people. Also, I’m not interested in some interview of an AMC team leader to talk about the future of the business. I think some of them get their leads in here for the following day’s spam. So, what I’m leading up to is this, are there any out there that are actually informative that I may be missing?
They probably don't have any forms abd I KNOW they don't have any WORMS )or rub off arrows and comps manes)

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
They probably don't have any forms abd I KNOW they don't have any WORMS )or rub off arrows and comps manes)

Yeah but,

Maybe they could tell him which paper map of the area to buy, so he can reference the map section on page 1.

jay trotta

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Connecticut
Henry Harrison had some great input and did well with Forms & Worms, red arrows; when I first began (80's) there was only one place to get those, then Henry added that to his list of items, along with many others.

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Dakota
I was cleaning out a drawer last week and found a couple pages of those arrow forms, somehow I don't think Henry will give me a refund if I mailed them back. :)

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Dakota
versus

Meandering did you intend to post this on another thread or are drinking one of those California CBD coffees? I'm not being judgmental, whatever floats your boat. :)

Meandering

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Meandering did you intend to post this on another thread or are drinking one of those California CBD coffees? I'm not being judgmental, whatever floats your boat. :)

Nope meant to post it here.

Do you believe you need new flood maps every year? click the link, Or do you know you only need new flood maps every decade or so when they are changed, spam.

Are the alphabet soup people emailing you to believe you can be part of an undisclosed pilot program if your "client" tells you to? spam, or, are the alphabet soup people telling you, your clients can not interfere with your development and reporting? click the link and report.

Is your email selling you classes on how to avoid the bid and TT emails from "potential" clients? click, or, is the class being sold entitled something like, "How to trust the interior inspection of the bag lady"? spam.

So to answer your initial question.....

So, what I’m leading up to is this, are there any out there that are actually informative that I may be missing?

Yup, some of that might be informative, but most likely, not the majority of it.

Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks