• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Info. On Becoming An Appraiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

maria clark

Freshman Member
from the georgia/michigan region
I am a wannabe, what ever you want to call it -will be, soon to be licensed General appraiser.

I am quite livid at the amount of information and time it took me to
get to even begin to THINK about becoming an Appraiser.

I have heard some senior appraisers aren't so quick to give out info.
or let alone consider one of us trainee's to work with them to obtain 1 hour(rofl), or more, because they
feel it may be a threat to them in the near future in flooding this employment or indy contractor market.

My words on this is,
once I become General Appraiser or before, things will change , if I don't see any in the meantime while I complete my 3000 or more hours.
it's ridiculous to withhold information for newbies wanting to get into the field.

I won't suk in to this syndrome of act.
However, i just want to make my point to some of the Licensed RE APP.
you can hold on to all the info you want , alls it does is hold up your blessings and bring more blessings to the one who is asking.

see you in the field!

Sheikh Yerbouti

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arizona
Translation, anyone? :blink:

Dave McReynolds

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
:scrambled: :alien: :confused: :question:

Got me :eyecrazy:

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Don't know but I think we're supposed to feel really scared and intimidated. :rolleyes:

Ghost Rider

Professional Status
Banking/Mortgage Industry
State
Connecticut
Georgia/Michigan area?? I might be confused, but aren't those states seperated by, oh......1300 miles?? gonna be a hell of a commute!!!!!

I shaking in my boots from well motivated people like this!!!!!

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Colorado
Must be smokin salmon again :rofl:

No wonder no one will give that person information.

maria clark

Freshman Member
THIS SECTION OF THIS FORUM IS ABOUT BECOMING AN APPRAISER,
WANNABEES ETC....

:eyecrazy: :rofl:
dave and ryan:
try babblefish for a thorough translation

pamela:
we all see on this forum you must have an alcohol or drug related :asleep:
problem. As you just mirrored yourself from my initial post.

dee dee:
just continue to do what you do. :p
post garbage. i don't see any info. from you on this forum that is helping out new RAA's

mhmerriman:
have you ever heard of reciprical licenses?
go figure! :usa:

you should go somewhere in a corner,have a drink :beer: and complete your appraisals.
obviously you are not THAT busy or good at completing appraisals, because you too busy posting comments on appraisal forums.

mike: :idea:
i would go somewhere in the mountains in colorada and consider
retiring. New, young and fresh appraisers are already up and coming.
Make room for them. B)

all of your recent replies to my initial post, is strange coming from
so called licensed appraisers.
i think their is another section for your bluffs.

i found the process of getting info. is simply easy to become a licensed,state or general appraiser.
I do have all the information i need, thank you ..
my point in my earlier post is when my time comes I will make it appoint to display and give out any new appraisers info. they may need. definitely won't be through a forum, although some licensed appraisers have been nice enough to share info.

Also, there may be a day where you licensed appraisers have to train newbees. Don't be surprised.

this is not a threat. you can take my posts like a grain of salt, it's your decision.

obviously the people who are making replies to my post are THE MAIN ONES
I would BE caution OF these people. Don't think they giving you the red carpet road to becoming a Licensed Appraiser.

any wannabe :eek: appraisers feel free to ask me any questions.

i know there are some out there who are confused, like RAA'S who are already licensed---- TOO busy trying to keep info. TO THEMSELVES.

;) Blah!

wonder what happened to the all the so called Real Estate Appraisers since January 1, 1992

did they go out and complete their courses and apply for their license?
or, did the wheels fall off their cart, (they left the business), because since 1992 YOU need a licensed?

anyone? :lol:

GOOD DAY TO YOU ALL

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
OK

This thread is locked.

I'm leaving the decision to Wayne regarding whether to removed it or not. I'm sure he will also be making decisions as to the status of some participants. Myself included.

Head Surfer

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Maria,

From your first post:

I won't suk in to this syndrome of act.

From your 2nd post:

I would BE caution OF these people. Don't think they giving you the red carpet road to becoming a Licensed Appraiser.

any wannabe appraisers feel free to ask me any questions

I can see why people were scratching their heads about your posts! I guess I had better be more careful in who are my friends and who I let into the forum. I have only known them for several years and have had a good relationship with them! I guess I should be leary of them and refer all the newbie questions to you!

Maria, your first post was to come on the Forum and blast the very people in the industry that you are new in! And in reading your post I really can't understand what the big problem is. I always tell me people that want to become appraisers to check with their state appraiser board and get the educational requirements and a list of schools. Then take the courses and find a job. If there are jobs available you will find one, if there are no jobs available you will not. It is no mystery, it is like any other profession. First you meet the minimum educational requirements then you go to work getting the experience requirements.

Anyone that spends 10 minutes reading the Newbie/AppraiserWannabe Forum can easily find the way to get into this business! We even have links to all the state real estate appraiser websites at our link page at http://appraisersforum.com/links. So it takes a little research to find something. So what do you think the appraisal profession is? It is research, and lots of it. It is painstaking research and more research until you have found out everything you need to know about the market for your property you are appraising. If one is not willing to do just a little bit of research to find out how to become an appraiser then they will either never become an appraiser or they will never become a good appraiser.

People coming into the appraisal profession expecting it to be like going to work for some corporation on a 9-5 job. It isn't. So you don't go about getting into it the same way as you would go about getting a job at a company. Do you think accountants come on Accounting forums and start berating other accountants because they can't find an easy way to become an accountant? I doubt it.

If some of these things answered your questions, or others questions, great!

But I am telling you, as far as your posting goes, you need to either tone it down and get along with the long time forumites here, or you will never advance beyond "newbie" status in our community. I am over looking some of your comments because you are new here. I won't again. Please read the posting rules that you agreed to abide by when you signed up here

http://appraisersforum.com/rules.htm

If you have a question about these rules send me a PM.

Now, let's move on to something productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks