• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Information on different types of appraisals

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert higgins

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
Does anyone know of any books, courses, or lit on performing different types of appraisals. I would like to look into diversify my clientele into the non-lending industry. I would like to educate myself in how and where to market my services effectively and most important how to perform these appraisals correctly. Some areas I am interested in are:

Partnership dissolution
Matrimonial/divorce
Estate settlement/probate/trust
Estate planning/gift tax
Tax grievance/certiorari
Condemnation; bankruptcy
Relocation/third party/ERC
Guardianship/conservatorship

Thanks

Rich Heyn

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Michigan
"Appraising for Alternate Uses: Life Beyond Lending" is a seven-hour seminar developed to enable appraisers to reduce their dependency on mortgage lending work by learning how to develop and report residential appraisals for non-lending uses.

It's being offered back-to-back with another one-day seminar on Dealing with Client Pressure, Appraiser Identity Theft and Appraisal Report Tampering in the following locations.

Appleton, WI by Wisconsin Board of Realtors March 11 and March 12.
Phoenix AZ Chapter of the AI on March 20 and March 21
Las Vegas Chapter of the AI on March 27 and March 28
Long Island Chapter of the AI on May 15 and May 16
Mid-Michigan Chapter of the AI on May 19 and May 20
Columbia SC Chapter of the AI on June 5 and June 6
Minnesota Chapter of the IA on July 14 and July 15

The seminar was developed by Dawn Molitor-Gennrich, SRA and by me, Richard Heyn, SRA. Dawn is an outstanding instructor and will be teaching the offerings in Phoenix, Las Vegas and Long Island. I'll be teaching the other venues. We expect more to be added this year and next.

The seminars were developed to be offered directly by the local AI chapters and other entities, so you won't find them on the National AI website. You can, however, go to the National AI website at appraisalinstitute.org and then go to "find a local chapter" to get to the local chapter's website. Most of them should have the information on their local website by now.

In addition to the above, the West Coast FL AI chapter is offering the ID Theft seminar on October 9 in Tampa and the Greater TN AI chapter is offering the Alternate Use seminar in Knoxville on November 21.

Michigan CG

Staff member
Professional Status
State
Michigan
Mid-Michigan Chapter of the AI on May 19 and May 20

I did not see this when I was looking at classes in Michigan on the AI web site....where is it at?

Rich Heyn

Professional Status
State
Michigan
I did not see this when I was looking at classes in Michigan on the AI web site....where is it at?
Hi Tim,
It's not on National's website but you can try http://www.mmcai.org/ for the local chapter's website. If that doesn't work send me a PM and I'll give you a contact name.

robert higgins

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Connecticut
Any web base classes, Long Island is a little hard to get to.

Rich Heyn

Professional Status
State
Michigan
Nothing web based at this time, but I can assure you that if you take it at Long Island from Dawn, you won't regret the effort. She's tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks