• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Inside A Foreclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokey Bear

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Wow - so much waste. I'd start a company that came in with the trashout guys and took all the good stuff, then sell at the swap market.

Eli Weiss

Professional Status
State
New York
Wow, so many good stuff I could sell on eBay.....

Mike Boyd

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
Similar to an eviction, you'd be amazed at the stuff we set out. The problem is, when we do an eviction, the personal belongings legally still belong to the occupant. I have to set it out... can't keep it. It's set out on the curb for a couple days, and haul off what ever remains to the dump. Once it hits the ground at the dump, it's free range. There are guys at the dump who will follow us in to pick through what ever we dump.

Tom Eichholz

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Kansas
Sadly, I too have been in numerous foreclosed houses before the "trash out" as taken place. And as accurately shown in this video, in many cases it looks like the people literally left everything they owned with only a few moments notice.

But, the worst is when these people leave their family pets inside the house to fend for themselves. Heartbreaking...and nauseating beyond description.

AJL118

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
One of the reasons I posted this was personal experience. Without disclosing private matters too much, the situation finally got to the point that you no longer cared because your investment was beyond the salvation point. The yard went to hell because my riding lawnmower blew up and I couldn't hire lawn service. The screened-in pool went to hell because we didn't have the $100 a month for chemicals. It turned dark green and was a breeding pond for toads and frogs. The noise of those little dudes at night was deafening. I built a little ramp for the guys to be able to get out of the pool. The toads and the frogs attracted black snakes that came through the pet doors. It got to the point that you were so numb that it was comical. What else are you going to do besides sit around a pool full of croaking reptiles and laugh at yourself? We had to leave pretty quickly but at least called Viet Nam Vets to pick up the furniture. We didn't trash the place but didn't leave anything of value either. This was about 8 years ago. Did we survive? Yeah, we did, and we own real estate. Only in America!

Added: Our dog went with us. Our reptile buddies stayed.

Last edited:

realbiz

Professional Status
State
California
Excellent video, and very true. I personally know John, and he is telling the truth. Lake Elisnore is the only city along foreclosure alley that I know drains the pool. Most of the cities do not respond. However, the lenders have been good about draining pools or having them serviced on a regular basis once they get the property. What they did not mention is that some of these homeowners wait until the Marshall is at the door to evict them. I have seen properties, where their last meal is still on the kitchen table unfinished. They have just enough time to take a few personal items. I personally hope the economy improves soon.

realbiz

Professional Status
State
California
Tony, I am glad that things have improved for you and your family. I have people that tell me to be happy that at least I have forclosure work to do. But, when I walk into a home and see the kids toys, the rooms that have been decorated for the kids, etc. I feel sorry for them. You are a good example of how things can turn around for adults. But, some people do not take their kids into consideration and wait until they are actually being evicted. Leaving the kids clothes, toys, school books, etc., not realizing the affect this could have on them. Tony, thanks for the video and stay strong.

LuckyLucy48

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I like the guy in the video who is painting the lawn green.
Good luck, Tony.
T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks