• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Inspection Checklist Template

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattPatterson

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Illinois
Trying to make a new residential inspection checklist. Does anyone have one they're willing to share?

KONA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I have developed several ; send me a private message.

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
you can make your own very simply. Just list the items that you inspect in the order that you normally look at them. For example my checklist starts with all exterior items then goes to the foundation or basement, mechanical systems, kitchen, baths then interior features. I just circle items as I walk through and make small notes when necessary.

KONA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California
I sent you an email with attachment (sample forms). Hope this helps.

Tim Hicks (Texas)

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
If you use a mobile app appraisal program, you do not need a checklist. :)

RSW

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Tennessee
If you use a mobile app appraisal program, you do not need a checklist. :)

Good point! The problem with the A-la-mode Total app. is that is does not start with the exterior as most appraisers do their inspections. Everything is all mixed up. You would think that they would have considered that when developing the app..

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Who says most appraisers start with the exterior? I don't want mud or dog sheet on my shoes when I go inside. I go in first and do the outside last. I suspect I am not alone.

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Who says most appraisers start with the exterior? I don't want mud or dog sheet on my shoes when I go inside. I go in first and do the outside last. I suspect I am not alone.
Gee Mr. Rex don't you look at the outside of the house before you knock on the door?
I generally list the style, siding, roof etc as well as make a partial outline of the structure before I get out of the car!

Mr Rex

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I look at the outside on my way to the front door and of course notice the style siding roof etc, if I didn't have my eyes open I would likely fall flat on my face or walk up into the shrubs etc.. I have a tax sketch that gives me the general shape. I go inside first so I don't have to take off my shoes from picking up wet grass, mud, dog turds etc. (Although I often do remove my shoes as a courtesy if there are other shoes parked by the door etc) It also offers busy homeowners a shorter time that they need to be bothered, they can lock up and leave as soon as I finish inside. I am a big fan of lunch appointments, meet them on their lunch hour and send them on their merry way as soon as I finish the interior...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks