• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Installing 8.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Seward

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Florida
I am going to install 8.5 this week. Should I have tech support walk me through it, or is it simple enough to do myself/
Thanks.
Mike

Joe Sloan

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Texas
Mike-

I bought a new computer with a different operating system. New system has XP Home and I was running Windows 98 and version 8.2. ACI would not let me tweak my new computer while still doing reports on the old version. They made me deactivate the old before activating the new. My problem was not so much with ACI, as the total upgrade. WinSketch has problems with Winfax on the same computer, and probably other programs as well. My Adobe did not print correctly without ACI changing a few settings. Linksys did not work with different operating systems on the same box, at least with the firmware version I had. I tried to upgrade and fried the Linksys so I had to get a new box. I won't bore you with the other problems.

Long story short. Install the 8.5 without calling ACI. Try emailing your reports Adobe, and any other way you can before deactivating. Transfer all of the settings from your old version to your new version. Do everything you can think of including ACI Web Maps etc. before deactivating the old.

All of this only matters if you put 8.5 on a new computer. If you upgrade from 8.2 to 8.5 on the same computer your problems will be minimal or nonexistent if you do not change operating systems.

Sorry about the rambling response. Good luck.

Joe

Mike Seward

Professional Status
State
Florida
Thanks for the response. I'm installing it on the same computer, I'm glad to say.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks