• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Insulation Belly Wrap Of Manufactured House For FHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadget Keeper

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Montana
I have spent hours looking for anything on the requirement for the bottom insulation belly wrap to be sealed for a FHA appraisal. Older manufactured home on a crawl space has portions of the insulation hanging down and it has been disturbed in several places. Looking for the written requirement to have the insulation sealed up on the open belly wrap to put in the file.

glenn walker

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
There is nothing in FHA manual - so quit spending hours reading - Your located in Montana cold weather area so I would think common sense would lead you to the conclusion there may be a problem. If you looked at the roof and saw missing shingles you would recommend the lender have a licensed contractor inspect and either repair or certify the roof was water tight - In your case you have loose or possibly wet ? insulation coming off the bottom on a raised foundation - my first thoughts are dampness ? but I am not an-expert so I would simply make the report "subject" too the lender having a licensed contractor inspect the underside to see whats going on. If the contractors says no issues fine but if he says there is a problem the owner will have to get it repaired. Bingo - There no more liability you just transferred it to the lender and contractor.

Last edited:

KYLECODY

Professional Status
State
Arizona
Also dont forget to ask for a structural engineer to certify the foundation meets 4000.1 guidelines. If they're lucky the same guy can sign off or address issues on the wrap. Above is right though, not your issue other than noting it but good job being conscientious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks