• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Intel Co. Wont Switch to Vista.Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metamorphic

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/06/23/intel-dumps-vista

ACCORDING TO A memo circulating a few weeks ago, it looks like Intel is taking a wise decision and avoiding the Broken OS entirely. Yes, Intel is not going to use Vista on its corporate machines... ever.
When a company as tech savvy as Intel, with full source code access and having written several large chunks of the OS, says get stuffed, you know you have a problem. Well, everyone knows MS has a problem, but it is nice to see it codified in such a black and white way though. Reassuring, like a warm cup of tea, or a public kick to the corporate crown jewels.

Ruben Ramon

Professional Status
State
Michigan
I'm not saying Vista is perfect, I have a license for it, and I'm not switching yet. However, they are just too dominant to not switch sometime. The ever makes me a little suspicous. Linux and MAC have their own problems as well.

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
As I posted earlier I am stuck with Vista on my newest computer. Now that MS has stopped selling XP I will wait until Vista's replacement is marketed before I buy another new computer.

My favorite computer at present is a used machine running XP that I bought on E-bay for $30.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I'm not saying Vista is perfect, I have a license for it, and I'm not switching yet. However, they are just too dominant to not switch sometime. The ever makes me a little suspicous. Linux and MAC have their own problems as well.
There is a strong probability Windows computers will drop below 90% market share this year. Yes, that is still a dominant position, but a significant milestone nonetheless. Like wise Internet Explorer is struggling to keep 75% of the market after in the mid-eighties. Microsoft is just lucky their Office efforts were not similar duds. It is only strong sales of Office that have prevented calls for Ballmer's head.

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon

Windows 7 is expected to be released by 2009 or near January 2010 in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Hang on to XP until then.

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Windows 7 is expected to be released by 2009 or near January 2010 in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Hang on to XP until then.
Which in microspeak means 2012. :new_all_coholic:

JRS at OBX

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Microsoft is just lucky their Office efforts were not similar duds. It is only strong sales of Office that have prevented calls for Ballmer's head.

I think it's coming too. I downloaded openoffice. It seems to be a little slow to open but otherwise it's fine. I'll never pay for MS office again. (I hope)

OSU Beavers

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Oregon
I'm still using Office 97 on XP. No way in hell am I going to rebuy several copies of Office for Vista.

Metamorphic

Professional Status
State
California
I think it's coming too. I downloaded openoffice. It seems to be a little slow to open but otherwise it's fine. I'll never pay for MS office again. (I hope)

Does the open office version of excel do pivot charts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks