• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Intentional Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michigander

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Michigan
I haven't, but we have several of them in my area. We actually looked into buying there, but the level of commitment in cooking and other activities was a bit onerous. They have a following, and the prices in my area are pretty high. I haven't checked to see if they are on the same level as other similar type communities (ours are condominium ownership and attached dwellings).

CANative

Elite Member
Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
California
I already did the appraisal last November. They wanted some additional photos and when I got there I asked a question or two (there are several free standing decks with tents, some "sleeping sheds" and a travel trailer covered with a portable carport with a tarp. She's getting $500 each. She dropped this term on me (intentional communities) and I said it sounded like a fancy name for a commune. She said exactly.

I didn't even know this term until this afternoon. I found the places website. To me, it's just a 2 acre country property with a 1960's SFR and a bunch of weird structures. Same as everything else in this area.

Terrel L. Shields

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Arkansas
Utopian societies like Oneida (Oneidaware started from) same concept. I was just published a story about one called the Harmonial Vegetarian Society, a commune with a religious bent along the same line.

Elliott

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Oregon
I'd think its best described as a "commune." To call it an "international community" would be mis-leading, until Fannie tells us that's what we have to call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks