• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Interested in a marketing forum?

Would you like to see a Marketing Forum opened?

• I am excited about such a forum and really look forward to the many great ideas coming from it.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I think it would be of no use whatsoever.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I didn't read this message but will go along with the majority.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
<span style='color:brown'>I chatted with Wayne the other day concering another forum (I know, too many forums, not enough time). But this would be an open forum dealing with marketing issues. Should those of us who are interested in organizing a marketing group (lets get away from the label "organization" as it implies a conflict with the AI or NAIFA or other professional appraisal groups) actually get it going, we can (and should) use the marketing forum as "home base." This should be done for two reasons.....first, it allows transparency in all our efforts....from bookkeeping to strategies; second, it will encourage other appraisers to see what we are doing and, hopefully, join us.

The basic proposal will be to open a marketing forum called "Marketing" where ideas, concerns, and conversation about marketing can take place without losing good marketing tips and ideas among the overwhelming number of threads being posted on a daily basis in the General Forum. Only rules will be the general rules of civility and stay roughly on topic (humor is acceptable.....provided it is not mean and it relates to the topic being discussed). Conversations that digress too far will be encouraged to go to the watercooler where such things are expected.</span>

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
:?: 'members only' or 'open' :?:

xmrdfghap

Professional Status
General Public
State
Florida
Open......

Apparently I editied rather than quoted, Lee Ann, but the intent is the same.

I do think it should be restricted to registered apprasier members of the forum.

I should have been more clear. When you first enter the Appraisers Forum, you are prevented from posting until you register. If you register as an appraiser, Wayne verifies you are licensed/registered/certified/whatever by the state. At that point you have full access to everything including the users groups (if you meet their qualifications). People who register without being an appraiser do not access everything. This is the only registration I would see us requiring. the status of your license/whatever is of no real concern, so long as you are a practicing, retired, or former appraiser.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
:lol: Then it's members only !~

Actually that is why I asked.

I agree whole heartedly that for such purposes it needs to be PRACTICING or at least licensed/registered appraisers...

Sigh: Do I need to keep saying "Please don't cut me out cause I is jus' licensed"?

(skip this if you already heard)
The story is that I had way enough experience credit under my belt and etc when licensure appeared on the scene, but since I was pregnant I didn't get the paperwork turned in in a timely manner: and they changed the rooles between when I got my paperwork and when I turned it in: created a new level: licensee (not provisional, just sub-certified). I should have been registered, DID take the registered test, but the state in it's wisdom granted a license. I was so blind hacked off that I never got it straightened out :oops: after my intial foray into the office to scream bloody murder. Which got no sympathy from Mr. Good ole boy 'we don't need no woemens in this biz' head honcho :roll: .

so please don't skip over ALL licensed registered certified whatevers.

"Provisionals" by whatever name a state grants? This maybe should come under debate...

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
I am not sure how much participation you would get but sounds interesting. What about a Users Group that you have to register to use like some of the others on here? I am always looking for a new marketing idea.

I like the general idea but I am also a bit hesitant to telling my competition my methods. Of course I don't know if any of them even lurk here. They don't post as far as I can tell.

Claudia Cullen

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
Either a Users Group or a Forum is fine with me, to deal with marketing issues and advice.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Greg,

Based on Jeff's post, I think that we need to clarify what kind of marketing we would be discussing.

Will it be for appraisers in general to the public, or ways that individual appraisers could generate business?

If it's a public awareness/education marketing campaign sponsored by appraisers, you can definately count me in! I'll help in any way I can.

If it's for individual appraisers then...well...I'm not as enthusiastic.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
>>Payment must be received before appraisal is delivered per Lender Instructions<<

I think I misread the meaning of "marketing" :oops: but I am still interested.

Dee Dee

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado

I think I misread the meaning of "marketing" :oops: but I am still interested.

Or maybe I got confused. :oops: .
There are so many ideas being tossed around right now that I assumed that Greg's poll was in response to at least two threads that are discussing marketing to the general public as an organized group effort, but I could be wrong. The forum has been getting so many posts lately that I'm having trouble keeping up with all of the discussions...I may have missed something. 8O

A marketing forum for individual appraisals to generate business would be welcomed by many, but the discussions would be entirely different if we're talking about mass marketing the appraisal biz to a wide audience of consumers.

Farm Gal

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Nebraska
:lol: S'OK you guys!

This topic evolved mostly out of the need for an 'umbrella organization' and the industry/profession wide need for educating the public ...

In a manner not currently being addressed by the major organizations, or IF addressed gets addressed by hire this or THAT designation.

umbrella and inclusiveness is the intent here!

We also need to educate ourselves but that's another story :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks