• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Interesting Quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rrebera

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Ohio
"the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

Workbox

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Not an interesting Quote, BUT! A TRUE QUOTE............. Stocking up on Cash, and almost Debt Free.

Last edited:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
"the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

Thomas Jefferson

Yep, he tried for many years to close the central bank. I think it was Calhoun who shot at him twice over it at point blank range when he was president. The powder failed to ignite.

Matter of fact I think that was the time that the Donkey/Mule came into play as the Republicans met to portray him as a dumb *** and akin to the *** in cartoons about him in the papers.. That was the Republicans screw up, as the poor and working class respected the Donkey/Mule as a hard working, honest and loyal animal. It then became the symbol of the Democrats.

Got my Presidents mix up. that was Andrew Jackson not Jefferson in my above answer.

Last edited:

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
The idea of public service and trust are gone in this government. Our leaders forget that their job is to serve the public and not be served by the public. If only we had a Thomas Jefferson today.

Lawrence R.

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
South Carolina
The idea of public service and trust are gone in this government. Our leaders forget that their job is to serve the public and not be served by the public. If only we had a Thomas Jefferson today.

I think a Patrick Henry would come in handy, too!

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Your history is a bit suspect.

Yep, he tried for many years to close the central bank. I think it was Calhoun who shot at him twice over it at point blank range when he was president. The powder failed to ignite.

Matter of fact I think that was the time that the Donkey/Mule came into play as the Republicans met to portray him as a dumb *** and akin to the *** in cartoons about him in the papers.. That was the Republicans screw up, as the poor and working class respected the Donkey/Mule as a hard working, honest and loyal animal. It then became the symbol of the Democrats.
Republicans? Neat trick since the Republican party was not formed until the 1850's as part of a movement against slavery. :rof:

Ray Miller

Elite Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
Republicans? Neat trick since the Republican party was not formed until the 1850's as part of a movement against slavery. :rof:
Note by correction above. I had my presidents mixed up. I have had Jefferson on my mind the last few days. As I am reading his Presidental Papers. I have a libary of Presidential Paper up through Ford. The early ones are the ones to really read and see how this county came about and the thoughts of the men who formed it and ran it in the ealy days.

Hamlet

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Ohio
I think a Patrick Henry would come in handy, too!

Sadly, it will take another Revolution to get this country back on track. Unfortunately for us, we will have to live through another fall of the Roman Empire before people wake up.:(

Couch Potato

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
Jackson's presidency ended nearly 20 years before the Republican party was formed.

Tim Vining

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Washington
It is well to heed Thomas Jefferson's words of wisdom. Patrick Henry was also mentioned in one of the posts. We would all do well to remember our heritage, and sacrifices made by the revolutionaries. (i.e. Patrick Henry). If you don't stand up for your rights (all of them) protect and defend them then you and I will not have them.

One man with courage is a majority
Thomas Jefferson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks