• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

Learn more about Titan Reports, our new cloud-based formfiller, SmartExchange, Titan Office, and Titan Drive to see how you can revolutionize your appraisal business.

Internet Explorer/Outlook Express Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Delaware
Saw the popup window: Upgrade to Version 6 of Internet Explorer.
I did it and now when I convert my appraisal to PDF format and send via e-mail, the lender says the print is jumbled. Also, the e-mail goes in Outlook Express and shows the bar chugging along slowly. It didn't do that before I upgraded. Before I just saw the little "letter & arrow" symbol in the bottom right hand corner. I have cable modem and it typically took about 2 minutes to send the report. Now it takes about 7-8 minutes and it's jumbled. Any clues? Thanks.
Charlotte in Delaware

Bill S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
I don't have any answers for you but I'll tell you that I did the exact same thing and now I am not able to open any secure sights on the internet like my internet banking, etc... PDF files are still OK.

I ended up downloading Netscape and made that my default browser. It seems to be working fine.

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
Bill, I called Microsoft and pressed them for an answer to my problem. I wanted Version 6 of Internet Explorer GONE! I was afraid to delete the program for fear I would make a real blunder. He said, no, delete version 6 and it will revert back to the previous, which I did. No more problems now.......at least with that! I have plenty more though regarding tech problems, but I'm sure you have enough of your own.
:roll: Charlotte

Bill S

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Illinois
Thanks for the update. Don't be shy about posting tech problems. I've gotten tons of help from people here.

TONY B

Freshman Member
I had to upgrade to Explorer 6 so I could network my Win98 computer with my XP computer. I noticed similar slowdowns in emailing. My problems were if I sent with Outlook it was jumbled, but Outlook Express worked fine, although slower.

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
State
Alabama
Charolette. as I am pretty sure you have just learned the latest and the greatest is not always the best. Being a bit of a computer geek I have learned the hardway that if you like the software you have now and you don't know of some specific reason to upgrade to the new software (i.e. it has a new feature you need/want) then don't!

If it ain't borke don't fix it!

Like some other said try going to your control panel and uninstalling IE 6 and there is a good chance that will fix your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks