• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Internet Fax Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJBanas

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I have been using Ring Central Fax service for years, maybe 15 or more. For most of that time the cost was $7.99/mo with about 500 pages. About 2 years ago they raised their monthly charge to $9.99. OK, not a big deal so I stayed. Received notice over the holidays that as of 2/1/17 the new monthly fee, with an annual contract, will be 12.99/mo, or $14.99/mo without the annual commitment, which I never had to have.

I looked at my send/receive logs and in the past 24 months I have sent 13 pages and received 112.

Does anyone have suggestions on a cheaper fax service. Low monthly cost? A per Page charge? Has anyone just said "forget about faxes"?

Thanks

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
There once was a time when fax machines were necessary equipment for an appraisal office . The machines and the dedicated phone lines were a great expense. I got rid of my fax line two years ago since I hadn't received an order on it in a very long time. Today the machine sits on a table next to my typewriter, I use both machines rarely but like having them around.

Howard Klahr

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Does your local board of realtor offer transaction desk or other similar program with your membership?

DJBanas

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
How many of those 112 received were Who's Who ads, Jamaica trips for $99 or Business Loans up to $100k with no credit check?
Actually none. All were appraisal business related.

Right now leaning towards cutting the fax cord.

Tom Woolford

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I haven't had a fax machine in 15 years. When someone want's me to send them a fax, generally a government agency, when I get done ridiculing them, I use one of the free services. About twice a year.

DJBanas

Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I haven't had a fax machine in 15 years. When someone want's me to send them a fax, generally a government agency, when I get done ridiculing them, I use one of the free services. About twice a year.
Free??? What is this free service you speak of?

Vermonter

Professional Status
State
Vermont
Agree with the rest....dump the fax. I had efax for a while and never used it. Got rid of it almost 10 years ago and haven't missed it at all.

Had an elderly agent assistant (seriously, I think she's close to 100 years old), ask if I wanted the copy of the contract faxed or emailed. I giggled a little and politely requested an email. Anyone else would've gotten some major ridicule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks