• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Internet Fax?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Bodtcher

Professional Status
Appraiser Trainee
State
Utah
Anyone know how do send and receive faxes from your computer? I've been having problems with sbc and my landlord hooking my fax line up, so I am looking for alternative ways. Any information would be very helpful. Thanks!

Jeff Horton

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Alabama
Not sure if you mean over the internet or just using you computer. If you mean phone line using your computer sure. There are lots of different FAX software out there. I use Callsoft. It answers my phone and fax. Sends faxes. I can even set it up to page me (pager or cell phone) when some one or certain people leave a message. Best software I have ever bought.

If you mean over the internet, sorry I can't help. I looked into that once but it wasn't for me. Things may and probably have chnaged since then.

wyecoyote

Professional Status
Gvmt Agency, FNMA, HUD, VA etc.
State
Washington
David,

As Nikki pointed out efax is the only one that I know of that does it over the internet. Look at the costs though I looked into it and the costs were just as expensive as having a regular fax machine and land line.

Ryan

Bobby Bucks

Elite Member
Professional Status
Real Estate Agent or Broker
State
North Dakota
I like efax.com I've been using them 2 years or more....can't remember when I first started. They were free for the first couple of years and then one day I got an email telling me I was receiving so many "free" faxes that I had to sign up for the paid service. I think it's something like $9.95 a month now plus pennies for every fax over 300 a month. At any rate, I like it. No machine to purchase. I don't have to waste as much paper and ink, junk faxes get deleted. I used to have a fax program on my computer and had to leave the machine on 24/7. Now I can shut it off. With efax there is never a busy signal so I don't miss faxes. I can forward my faxes to my hotmail account when travelling so I can receive faxes anywhere. I also can save all my faxes if I want to. I never have to request that a client send a fax again. I think it's the best thing since appraisersforum.com :)

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
I started with J-Fax, which is now a part of E-Fax. It's the same service as Mr. Bucks mentions, and is about $10 per month. I went with that service as it was about $30 cheaper than a dedicated line, and all my faxed come in as an e-mail. I only print the ones I want, junk faxed are deleted. :)

John Sokol

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Washington
Hi ya, We have been using WinFax for quite some time now and it has proven to be quite nice. It allows you to use your Outlook Adress book for those of you who use that, that can be a bit of a time saver. It has lots of bells and whistles, filters and what not. It runs on your computer so you have to leave it on, but that does not hurt anything. Anything that you get a print menu with you will be able to send to Winfax, then once it prints it shows up in the fax great resolution too. you can take a peek at it here.

http://www.symantec.com/winfax/

Anyway it has worked well for us and would recomend it, the only thing i have not figured out is the remote retrival of the faxes.

Michael Elliott

Sophomore Member
One other good one is www.onebox.com. You can get a toll-free number for cheaper than efax, I believe. And their system does voicemail as well as faxes.

I've had good luck with them for over a year now.

Leon Stewart

I've also used e-fax for some time, and it works well, but Callwave also has the same thing. I just signed up with them recently, it's suppose to be free, but I guess it works just like e-fax, in that it depends on how many faxes you receive before you start to pay, and then they'll drop the bomb on you.

leon

Carnivore

Elite Member
Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
North Carolina
I signed up a month ago for EFAX paying 9.95 na month. I love it and will drop my regular fax line in about a week and save $35.00 busk a months - $10..00 = $25.00 per month savings or one less appraisal to do per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks