• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Internet Marketing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imp8012

Freshman Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Michigan
I am new to internet marketing and am looking for some insight. Fortunately word of mouth has been my primary referral source for the last 10 years..... not any more. Can someone direct me as to internet approachs that actually yielded results? Im meandering thru one option after another and have no way to determine that which will yield result. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

KenRossman

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Web sites are very inexpensive and give you an opportunity to showcase your specialties and strengths to your hearts content... They are also relatively easy to promote without spending big bucks.

There are several appraiser directories where you can list for FREE - mine is one http://www.quickval.com/ Wayne, the host for this site has another http://appraiserusa.com/ both are FREE and don't even require a credit card to list/register. I'm sure there are probly other free sites to list.

I am new to internet marketing and am looking for some insight. Fortunately word of mouth has been my primary referral source for the last 10 years..... not any more. Can someone direct me as to internet approachs that actually yielded results? Im meandering thru one option after another and have no way to determine that which will yield result. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ken Youngkrantz

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
California
Internet Marketing

The main directory is the one that Wayne host's AppraiserUSA. I am also on about four or five pay sites. I think last year I spent $500 on the pay sites. I get about one order per week from my internet listings, most of them from AppraiserUSA.

john brown

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Be cautious with Email blasts and your email addresses. Some prospective clients will tag your email as SPAM and some of their security SPAM blocking stuff may block sending and receiving emails to your email server (and anyone else on your email server). I learnt this the hard way. Best to have two email addresses with two different large scale email providers and use appropriately.

KenRossman

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
Internet directories

I put together an excel spreadsheet of popular internet directories and their current google search return placement (natural returns only) for some typical search terms that users of appraisal services might use. I didn't include sponsored returns because they can be turned on/off at will by the advertiser. The searches were done 1/1/08 between noon & 2:30 PM. I also listed whether each directory provides any FREE listings. Not or not in top 50 means the directory did not appear anywhere in the 1st 50 google search returns for the search terms specified.

I tried to be careful and be as accurate as possible.

What amazes me is that some of the priciest directories are nowhere to be found for some pretty basic appraiser related search terms.

Happy New Year!

Attachments

• directory.pdf
    19.2 KB · Views: 142

cgjerdetu

Professional Status
State
California
Build a web site and then work towards getting good google rankings for your keywords (words that will drive traffic to your site).

mwbode

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Build a web site and then work towards getting good google rankings for your keywords (words that will drive traffic to your site).

Ditto! Build your own website do some reading on SEO and work to get a Google ranked and Alexa ranked website. You can play with Google PPC, but I would stay away from Adwords. I usually dedicate one day a week to working on my site.

PaulNHS

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Arizona
I can help you

If you have any questions about internet marketing I can help. This is what I do for a living and consider me and my team pretty good. You can email me if you have any questions getting started or just leave a comment here. I will be checking back on this.

PaulNHS

Freshman Member
Professional Status
General Public
State
Arizona
Seo

I forgot to mention that search engine optimization is our specialty. So if you are thinking about hiring an SEO guy you should do some research first. Some can be very sneaky.

yesitskellie

Freshman Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
John mentioned clients tagging you as SPAM, I found a company called constant contact www.constantcontact.com and you can promote your site to your client list via this reasonably priced marketing tool and it gives your clients a chance to opt out of your mailings so they don't feel compelled to consider it SPAM because you give them a choice when recieving your marketing materials. I send a monthly newsletter, notices of networking events and even personal notes that may have articles attached that may pertain to things that may affect their business. It allows you to see who opened your emails and gives you a comprehensive report of links visited if you include any in your mailing. I find it a great tool for my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks