• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Interstate 99 opens TODAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTip

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
That's right folks. After multiple hundred's of millions of your tax dollars, you can finally drive from the turnpike north to I-80.
What does that mean? Well, I can be in State College in 25 minutes instead of 45 minutes!:flowers: No more driving back country roads with the smell of freshly spread manure on corn fields. :rof: Welcome to the 21st century!

This will be a great opportunity to expand our appraisal service to State College. Finally, it only took 20 years.

I-99 Update
Reported by: Tony DeGol
Tuesday, Dec 11, 2007 @02:27pm EST

PennDOT will open North and Southbound lanes of Interstate 99 this Thursday.

PennDOT says Northbound Lanes will be open from Bald Eagle to Skytop. Both Southbound lanes from Port Matilda to Bald Eagle will also be open.

PennDOT says the Southbound lanes near Skytop will be closed to daily traffic but will continue to be used by construction vehicles.

PennDOT expects that all signs for the roadway will be in place by Thursday.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Now you can get to the Rathskeller quicker for Happy Hour.

TC

Ed Falkowski MAI SRA

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Now if they could only concentrate on building a 202 bypass connecting Delaware and SE PA then that would be a terrific use of taxpayer dollars... or maybe just build another four lane highway over top of the existing one... bottom one goes north and the top one goes south...

There it is... I'm a genious. :laugh:

Laughing Heir

Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
I'm still lucky enough to have some friends enrolled at PSU, the Rathskeller is where you'll find me on Thursdays before home games! The trek from Scranton to Happy Valley goes by quick thinking about those happy hours.

I usually come down "the back way" through Bloomsburg on 118 or I80 to 22. Is this new highway coming up from the same extension of the turnpike that takes you to Pittsburgh?

TJSum

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Maryland
I am heading to Brookville this weekend, it is along Route 80 in Jefferson County. If I am heading north on 99, should I stay on 99 until it hits 80 if I plan to head west on 80? I did the mapquest thing, but it looks like 99 heads to the east as much as north above State College. But it looks rather confusing with a bunch of smaller roads to get off 99 to head in a northwest direction towards 80 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks