• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Intruder In Condo For 6 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregb

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
California

AMF13

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Can't read that far w/o subscribing. So will he leave a gun in the unit so next time the intruder can shoot him? :cautious:

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Sounds strange, why not just change the locks, doh. Get a security company to install a system to alert them if someone gets in during his next trip..oh wait that makes too much sense. There's even iPhone apps now that monitor your home ...he can watch his own house room by room and see who is in there

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
This is why we have a CCW on home inspections, have found squatters in supposedly secured homes. Not fun finding someone asleep in a supposedly vacant home.

Yes, the guy needs a security system first.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
what is a CCW?

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
Thanks...

My CCW is my brain , which I use to avoid confrontation. If I entered a house and saw a squatter, I'd just leave. I also bring my big dog with me on vacant inspections...he'd sniff out/make me aware barking and growling of anyone in there long before such a person could hide or surprise ....and I'd get the hell out. I hope none of us get into a bad situation of any kind.

J Grant

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Florida
I like bringing my dog with me to vacant inspections as sometimes it may not be anyone in the house, but odd neighbors /people hanging around. Can;t tell you how many times neighbors want to be nosy and ask questions...most of them are okay but a few are oddballs...I bring my dog over to talk to them and if they ask to pet him I say no, he's not friendly ( actually he is, but they don't have to know that). Like all dogs he has great scent and hearing and some protective instinct and would know if a person is in a house in a far off room, whereas I would not.

Randy G

Professional Status
State
California
I bought a condo at a foreclosure auction 3 years ago in Huntington Beach. Come to find out, homeless people had broken in to it and were living there. When we told them to get out they claimed tenants rights. Cops came. In the end they got some legal aid lawyer and I had to get an eviction attorney, and it took two months and a couple $grand$ to get them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks