• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Forum Sponsor - a la mode

QuickSource provides a single-source solution to easily import, compare, and manage data from multiple, credible sources in every report. See what the next game-changer is really all about.

Invoice Name Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
I use my company name on the header of the appraisal forms but I want my invoices paid to my name. ACI wants to constantly change anything in the "Please Make Check Payable To" field to the same name shown on the header. Drives me CRAZY! The only solution I can come up with is to print the form while the invoice is showing on the screen!!! Anyone have any solution?

Dave Smith

Professional Status
State
Wisconsin
Bruce:
I do not have that problem. Maybe its because I do not have and "firm information" entires. Go to Options/Report/Firm Information and make sure all sections are blank.

Then edit your report so your your company name is in your header field and your own name is in the pay to fields. That is the way I have it set up and it prints out the way you would like it to be.

Blue1

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
California
Dave,

I did as you suggested but, as soon as I typed my company name in the header on the Title Page the program automatically plopped it into the Invoice payable field. I can change that field to my own name but the program constantly wants to change it back to the header whenever it saves, when I print or when I make a PDF.

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton

Elite Member
Professional Status
State
Arizona
I use Day One and I had a similar problem until I finally came up with a work around for clients like an AMC that needs to be billed instead of the lender or a lender that wants the invoice separate from the report. I create my file with the AMC for instance as the client, then create the invoice, save that as a pdf file with a the first digit of my file system missing as the file name. Then I do everything else that needs to be done with the correct client and create a pdf file with the complete digit. Since my file numbers begin with 03 for an order in 2003, my invoice pdf file begins with 3. Then when I send the invoice and report to the client I can attach two different files with two different but similar numbers. Throughly confuses LandSafe though--so have to figure out something different for them!

jtrotta

Bruce

I gave up on tryin to change the pass thru, but I don't understand why you want your name vs company name :question:

No matter who's program your using, I still don't see why they don't allow you some latitude to be able to write (your own input ) in various area's of the report and/or Billing area. WOuld seem to me that after all this technology change, that these guys are as bad as Gates, by not allowing you the consumer to be able to apply information out of the standard package, yet they still want there $350 service contract money. If their sellin a partial package to begin with, then we should only pay a partial Fee.

I may have to go back and take a serious look at my old computer guy, WCA and see what his package is like; back in the DOS days, he had the best package going and allowed some free reign within the Form and Billing. Actually his Billing package was one of the best around at that time.

:ph34r:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks