• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Iron And Manganese In Water Are Too High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
North Carolina
Well water has iron content which is 2.21 mg/l while recommended limit is 0.30 mg/l.

Manganese is at 0.53 mg/l while recommended limit is 0.05 mg/l.

What are the best solutions to this? How serious a problem is it? Do you have any idea on the costs, both up front and maintenance costs?

Thanks in advance,

Serge

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
I'm not a water expert, all I do is appraise, but I did live in an area where we had so much iron in the water, I could have built a car per day. Got a water purification system, the professional kind, not the under the sink filter thingy, and it corrected our water problems. Cost about $4,000, but that was 10 year ago...... I’d bet it cost double that now. It would filter for minerals and eliminate the "hardness". Worked like a wonder, and all automatic. All I had to do was add pelletize salt once a month, for the filter to back wash and clean out.

Walter Kirk

Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
New Jersey
Is the water safe to drink? If so have other houses in the market area sold with untreated water?

If the water must be treated to sell at market price try treating the situation as functional obsolescense and use the cost of a treatment system as the cost to cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks