• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Is It Slowing Down In Your Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
Pennsylvania
Had a first today, not one phone call. Got some requests via email, but not one call all day. Kind of like it.....for a while. :D

So after 3 years of being stressed out about too much work, when do start worrying about no work. :unsure:

TGIF

tc

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
The sky is falling, the sky is falling! Only one assignment today.

Mountain Man

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Georgia
How can you be worried about no work when every LO in the country is calling for a RUSH! RUSH! Emergency! at 4:00 Friday. :eyecrazy:
Jes' when I THOUGHT I was gettin caught up. :mrgreen:

jtrotta

it's non stop be bop @ da snowglobe - avg. 3-4 a day in, plus a min. of 6-8 calls daily lookin fur hep - plus we're backed up 2 weeks an countin. even keepin some of my commerecial guys rollin out on the commercial side. Noo Yawkers; Jerseyites; and Penns; still buyin, along wit all the new const. & refi's, we haven't even felt a slight dip B)

:ph34r:

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
I lied earlier...went to the mail box and there was another one. Day one...two assignments! The sky is falling, the sky is falling! :rofl:

Ross (CO)

Professional Status
State
Colorado
Yesterday morning, NO manila folder files on corner of the desk. End of afternoon, 2 manila files on corner of desk. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to finishing that re-staining of those patio bench seats and the trellis wood.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
I have about 8 to write up and another 10 to set up for next week. Think I'll enjoy this weekend and goof off.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

TC

Bob Stainbrook

Sophomore Member
The rushes are all probably because the rate locks are soo short due to quick rate increases. I too have 20 to write up / 8-10 scheduled & another 10 to get scheduled. Maybe with this slow down I can get in those last 2 classes I need to sit for the PA state test. I passed my 2500 hours/ 24 months in May of this year, but have been sooo busy ( my mentor pays me 80% so there wasn't this rush to get the piece of paper from the state ) that I may sit for the test in Sept. This may be a good time to start my other classes for the General exam. My mentors friend is a General appraiser and he said he will work with me on the experience I need to get it.
I really enjoy this forum. I have used soooo many of the responses aka ( 5 acres +, when is it a recert, etc. ) that my stress level regarding my mortgage brokers has dropped immensely. Thanks for everything guys & girls.

TC

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Pennsylvania
Bob,

I am impressed. 80% split and not certified. How can your mentor pay you that split and also inspect properties with you? Sounds like a great deal, are they hiring :question:

TC

Charlotte Dixon

Professional Status
State
Delaware
It either hasn't slowed down here, or I have so many OLD messages to return, so many OLD (new) files to set up, so many OLD invoices to post, so many OLD files to put away OR manybe it has slowed up.

I wouldn't know because I'm still in a state of confusion. :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks