• Welcome to AppraisersForum.com, the premier online  community for the discussion of real estate appraisal. Register a free account to be able to post and unlock additional forums and features.

Is The Residential Licence Test Easier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Foster

Professional Status
Certified Residential Appraiser
State
California
Does any one know if the residential License test is that much easier than the certified test ???

I let my license expire and now have to take another test.

I past the certified test 9 years ago but I hear it much harder NOW than it was back then.

Comments Please !!!

Thanks,

Tom

Mike Garrett RAA

Elite Member
Gold Supporting Member
Professional Status
State
Colorado
Logic would say the certified should be more difficult.

Claudia Cullen

Sophomore Member
Professional Status
Licensed Appraiser
State
Massachusetts
Tom,

try this website: wwwquizprep.com

I used their practice test when I was preparing for my lic. exam. They have Licence, as well as Certified exams for all states. It was the best thing I did for myself in order to study for my Massachusetts exam.

Good luck!

Claudia

Professional Status
Retired Appraiser
State
Florida
Tom,

IMO, just do the Certified and make your life in appraising easier. It can't be that much harder... I don't think. Take a good prep course and/or get the books. Just do it.

Welcome back!

Stone

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Wisconsin
I found the Certified test to be harder, but when I took the licensing test, I had just finished my course work, and had all the little details still in my head. When I took the certification test, I hadn't taken any basic courses recently, and only gave myself about five days to study. That is probably the most important advice, give yourself enough time to get ready and you will be fine.

Restrain

Elite Member
Professional Status
Certified General Appraiser
State
Florida
When I took my General Certified test, the main problem was that the "expert" who wrote the test used stuff from the Northeast for a Texas test (NOBODY in Texas uses Range/Township - it doesn't exist). The terminology was the issue. So, yeah, get a prep book for your state's test (BTW, Texas licesnses its test for other states) and just be prepared. And , oh yeah, read the question carefully. They like to do "How many were going to St. Ives" questions.

Roger

SmilingDog

Professional Status
State
California
Tom,

Try REAL ESTATE TRAINERS in Santa Ana. (Just off the 22 FWY). They have a test crash course that's guaranteed you'll pass or you can take the test again. Everyone that I know that's taken the test has passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find a Real Estate Appraiser - Enter Zip Code

Copyright © 2000-, AppraisersForum.com, All Rights Reserved
AppraisersForum.com is proudly hosted by the folks at
AppraiserSites.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks